September 16, 2007

The weekend is almost over...

I hate when weekends end! Matt has to go back to work, the kids go back to school, life get's busier! (Not that the weekends aren't busy...)

Oh well, this weekend was good! Last night we had dinner at Marro's with some friends, I've never been there for dinner so we wanted to try it! The pizza was GREAT! I had pepperoni, sausage, green peppers, onions, mushrooms and garlic! YUMMY! (I had it for breakfast again this morning... and lunch too!). We stopped at Wally's for a drink before heading home too! It's kinda nice that summer is "done", there were very few people there and we were able to actually talk and hear each other!

This morning Elliot woke up around 7 and I decided to get up with him and let Matt sleep, thinking I would get a nap later! WRONG! After dropping the kids off at church for thier first day of sunday school Matt and I were going to go get a coffee and a bagel and then head back to church. Elliot was with us! HE WAS SOOOOOO CRABBY! We decided that it wasn't even worth trying to take him to church, so matt went to church and I stayed home with Elliot.

I was able to work on my BSF while Elliot was in his bed. (Notice I didn't say sleeping). I did get that almost done, which was a suprise, this week's lesson was a BIG one! reading the entire book of Matthew and answering questions along the way! I did realize from reading it though that this should be a good year. I think I like all the parables and stuff in Matthew... there are also lot's of words right from Jesus' mouth! If you don't attend BSF or another bible study, or are looking for something to make you dig into the bible a bit more I totally recommend BSF. It is definately work, but it's good work. If you are interested send me an e-mail and I can get you more information.

So anyway... back to Elliot. The child didn't sleep at all today... so up at 7:30, bed at 8:30. No snoozes in between! He would just SCREAM when we tried to lay him down, althogh he could hardly keep his eyes open! It was so absolutely frustrating! He was crabby too, it wasn't like he was happy, because that I could have handled. He has a cold and is pretty stuffed up and I really do feel bad for him, but when you are sick, don't you just want to sleep!?!?

Cobe came over again and played with Landon this afternoon. Dimitri and Kenny came too and played Mario Karts for a while, then all the boys went outside to play baseball!

For dinner we had tacos with a twist. We put cream cheese in some of the meat and it was soooo yummy! Matt said he didn't taste a difference, but I could taste it! We only put it in a little bit of the meat because we didn't know if the kids would ilke it, but I think next time we will add it to all of it! Cobe stayed for dinner and ended up being our dinner entertainment! He was making us all laugh, not necesarily because of things he said, but mostly just because once he started laughing he couldn't stop, so then we were all laughing!

So, I realized that I HATED that last layout I posted! It's really bad... I hadn't had a computer to scrap on in over a week and just couldn't find most of my stuff or my "groove"! On the other hand, I really do like these two. I like the pictures too, so that really helps!





Tomorow I get to go on a field trip with Landon, not sure what the name of the place where we are going is though. Something to do with Indians. It's supposed to be nice out so that is a good thing! Then BSF tomorow night, while the boys are at football!

2 comments:

S Huiz said...

Yay! I checked this before I posted my blog, and you didn't have a new one. I checked after, and you didn't disappoint! :-) Thanks again for having Cobe over: he had so much fun. Hope E starts sleeping better for you! Just send him over- Sadie will be glad to entertain! :-)

Nina_VK said...

You went to Marros and didn't get the garlic cheese rolls?? If you like stuff like that you HAVE to try them. They are soo good!!

BSF sounds so cool!! I kinda wish we had something like that!!! TOTALLY COOL!!

LOVE those LO's you did! Those pics are sooooo adorable of Elliot!

Have a great week girl!!