September 18, 2007

364 days 12 hours!

Only about 12 more hours til my baby is one year old! I can't believe it! He is definately growing up... to fast for me! I feel bad for him b/c he will be celebrating his birthday with a cold this year! Poor little man! We went and picked up some decorations this evening for his party and I kid you not, he PICKED OUT the doggy decorations! When we walked past it he was all pumped, saying doggy over and over and over again! So of course we got the doggy stuff! (And a few "1st Birthday" things)! I think I may have overdone the decoration thing, but your only one once, right????

Here's what we got him for his birthday too...



This last one won't be here til Friday, but that's ok, he won't know the difference! He will love it too! I like it b/c it can fold down, it will take up lots of room in our house, but I think it will be worth it and with any hope we will have a new house soon to put it in! (We may need an extra room for it!!!!)

I think I may try to get out and take some pics of him for his birthday in the morning, not sure where I will go though... any great ideas for me????

Here's another layout I finished...


Yesterday I went on a field trip to the Outdoor Discovery Center with Landon's class. It was really interesting! It was all about indians, we learned how they hunted and the kids got to practice with the tools, they talked about how they lived in the different seasons, how they gardened, made tools, made "flour", and all of this was told to us by an actual native american descendent. a man that has hallowed out a tree trunk to make a canoe, all with tools that he made, just like the native americans did! I really had a good time, but I was TIRED by the time I got home! Skipping BSF definately sounded good, but it's only week two, I can't skip out yet! So I went and I'm glad that I did!

Have a great Tuesday evening/wednesday! We will be celebrating a great 1st birthday!!!!

3 comments:

S Huiz said...

Happy Birthday Elliot!!!!! You big guy! Sorry he still has a cold- he sounded pretty miserable the other day. Is he napping any now? We just missed you at Logan's tonight. We walked in after you walked out according to Tina. We ate at the table next to them so the kids had fun jabbering back and forth. We have a week of birthdays this week too- Ryan's grandma's is tomorrow so we took over a cake tonight to celebrate after Logan's and then Ryan's is Friday. Hope you have a great day tomorrow- good luck with pictures.

Amanda said...

What great gifts - HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELLIOTT!!! Hope you have lots of fun with the party!

Nina_VK said...

YAY!! Happy Birthday Elliot!!! I hope you had a wonderful 1st birthday!!!
CUTE picture too BTW--adorable!