September 4, 2007

Mindless Post...

I need something mindless to do before I drive myself crazy. I'm so stressed out with everything going on, I have a million things to do, but can't do any of it right this minute, so instead I sit here and worry about how I will possibly get it all done before we have to leave for visitation tomorow. My house has once again taken a back burner, it's just a pit right now, but I don't have time to do anything... (why am I here then you ask... b/c I'm so stressed right now I could cry and I can't possibly think about doing any of it... so I just shut off the lights so I don't have to see it).

So, instead of a long drawn out post with lot's of information like I would like to do, I need to keep this mindless... so I have some pics to share!

Marilyn took the two kids to the Whitecaps game on Friday night. Landon registered for a jersey prize along with tons of other people. And, his name got called to go down on the field and get a jersey, from a player. A jersey worn in the game! (Not sure if the player actually played or not, but he was soooooo truly excited)


And, today was the first day of school! Landon started 4th grade at a new school... he did wonderful and loved it, ok, maybe he just liked it, but I was thrilled that he didn't mind it at least! I could tell this morning that he was very nervous, especially while we waited for the bus! I felt so bad for him as he waited in line for his bus as he watched all of his friends walk by as they got off thier buses! Poor guy! But it sounds like he made a few friends, and best of all (for him at least) he played basketball on recess with a few guys! Bailey did great too, I truly expected tears, but luckily for me my neighbor girl (the one in the pic next to her) walked her in to her locker and made sure she found it (I avoided going in b/c of the drama from last year... she cried so hard and wouldn't let go of Matt as he had to PUT HER ON the bus!), as I walked by her class later I was assured that she was ok as she was in her seat smiling and talking to the girl next to her! I know she made at least one new friend (a girl from her t-ball team, she won't call her a new friend though, she already knew her of course!). So all in all it was a good day for the kids.


I had an ok day too, I went to do a few last things for the funeral and visitation preperations. I planned on that taking forever, but lucky for us (I went with my grandpa's sister in law, my great aunt) everything went smoothly and quickly. We even had time to chat over lunch for a bit between appointments! Tomorow is visitation adn then funeral on Thursday. Then comes the rest of the stuff, cleaning, taking care of bills, wills, all the "fun" stuff! Luckily we have plenty of willing volunteers to help!

Hope all you with kids had a great first day and enjoyed your time without the kiddo's! I really am going to miss mine! I really HATE getting up in the morning and being so structured, but then again, I don't mind, it forces me to get up and get moving.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Great pictures and LO - isn't that kit great?!

Do not worry about the house stuff - all that can wait. Your family, kids, etc.. need you right now and that is most important! Hang in there - still thinking about you in the next few busy days.

S Huiz said...

Awesome that Landon got that jersey! What a great experience! I hear you on the mindless stuff. I have found when I have a trillion things to do, it helps me to sit and veg out instead. Good to see you last night, even though we were rushed. We should plan a time to get together soon when your life calms down just to hang and catch up again. I'll be thinking about you today and tomorrow and the days to come.

Nina_VK said...

How great is that for Landon, and what a super cute LO!!! He looks so happy! :)

I hope things have come together for you girl!! You are already doing what it most important---being with family at this time.

Prayers and hugs to you guys!!!

Happy to hear that the kiddos did well at school and getting on the bus!! Thats always a good thing!!

thinking of ya.....