December 2, 2007

One of THOSE days... ****UPDATED WITH PICS AT BOTTOM****

I wanted to say that yesterday was a terrible day... but I can't. Some good did happen too, it just seemed every time I turned around there was bad! I will try to focus on the good, but surely some of the bad will seep in!

Got up early (before 9) and got ready to go get a christmas tree. We get a coupon every year for a free tree along with a hayride, hot chocolate, donuts, and a chance to feed animals. We also have to opportunity to buy a wreath for $15 and extra trees if we want. So the plan was to get a tree and a wreath and do some of the stuff... all for $15. Well, this is THE most expensive Christmas Tree EVER! I brought $40 cash along with me "just in case" we needed it. After doing everything we wanted to do i went to pay for the wreath and lo and behold, the money was gone! Not sure where it fell out of my pocket, but it did. So we got a tree and some fun activities for $40, but no wreath. I'm sick about loosing the money, but what can I do??????

After that adventure we went to Kids Day at Baker book house whre the kids were able to play some games and win some prizes. When we got home we also got a call that Landon had won one of the door prizes... a stack of 8 books! (Yeah!!!!, he was very excited.) While he was on the phone with the employee who called him another employee was calling too (he doesn't know what call waiting is so she went to voicemail) to say that bailey also won, but we didn't get that message til today, so we will get her prize tomorow.

I went and made some tiles in the afternoon at Amandas house with some other girls, then came home and matt was just leaving to take landon to a birthday party so I had a few minutes alone before he returned with two kiddo's. We got the house cleaned up and got the tree inside and then headed to pick up Landon and decided to go up to Grandville for some dinner! I also needed to get Christmas sweaters for the boys (which I was successful in and they almost match! I'm not a matchy person, but it's cute!).

After dinner and shopping we headed here to see some synchronized Christmas lights. I was under the impression that it was a whole street decorated and sync'd, but it ended up to be just one house. it was fun to watch for a little while though!

AFter all that fun we headed home in the snowstorm (which wasn't that bad unless you were the little car on the road, which we ended up following home). We managed to make it home, get the kids to bed and Matt & I watched a movie, I had to call it a night early though, I was exhausted.

Today we got the tree decorated adn we have small group tonight. Off to make some dip to bring along for that! I'll be back later tonight or tomoorwo with some pics of all the adventures!










3 comments:

S Huiz said...

Like your new green background. Didn't know the kids won prizes- how awesome is that? I LOVE winning things! Maybe makes losing the 40 bucks a little less painful that you got something for free? :-) Glad you got Christmas outfits for the boys and that your dinner and light outing was fun. Hope small group was a fun time as well. Talk to you tomorrow I'm sure. :-)

S Huiz said...

You know my obsessive self- checked your blog one more time before logging off and surprise! Something new after all. :-) Great pictures. LOVE E's expression when he is seeing the cows- priceless. AND I had to laugh that Landon was cut out of the picture- the man must have not known to look through the hole and thought he could look at the screen like everyone else! :-)

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passadinha lá no meu, que é sobre frases e poesias, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://mil-frases.blogspot.com. Um abraço.