December 7, 2007

First of all I received this info in an e-mail today and although I have not seen anything on this movie I wanted to pass it along! Its regarding the movie "The Golden Compass".





This is what the email says...


hey the new movie the golden compass is coming out this weekend, not sure if everyone already knows what it is about, but i thought i'd pass on some info. this is an email i received a while back but have heard several other reviews warning against this movie. the trailers for it don't look that bad, however the content and basis of the movie are somewhat alarming!

Apparently, Phillip Pullman, a British Athiestic author, is writing children's books about a girl who goes off to "kill God". This movie "The Golden Compass" is based on one of his books.

If you read the info on the snopes page listed below you will get more of an idea of why we should try to avoid seeing this movie. There are a lot of things not worth fussing over in the realm of life, but I think this is one of the things we should - especially since the author has been known to say that he wants children to decide against believing in God and the Kingdom of Heaven. (It's really very sad, we should pray for him)

If you have time, please read the snopes page below, it's quite interesting (and disturbing). I know there are many people out there like Pullman, I just don't want them to influence my children. This movie isn't good vs evil. It's kids against religion/authority. I doubt there is anything we can do other than just not view the movie and not buy the books, there really aren't ways to stop hollywood from producing whatever they want -- except an act of God! :)
The Golden Compass
http://snopes.com/politics/religion/compass.asp





Follow the above link for more information!





So... what else is new? Well, really not much, just busy as ever! Wednesday we had church at night, so we ate dinner (Chicken & Dumplings, definately a comfort food) and headed off for there. Then on Thursday we didn't have anything, I was just crabby. Bailey was doing about half of what I asked her to do (meaning I asked her to put her folder away from the dining room table to her backpack and she put it on the kitchen counter...), Elliot had been crabby all day, so Matt encouraged me to go upstairs alone for a while. What a guy! I spent about 15 minutes up there watching tv and then decided to go to the mall and look at black boots. But first to drop a dish off to Susie. Well, we started talking and I never made it to the mall, but that's ok, I enjoyed chatting for a little bit. I also went to the grocery store, something I hate doing, but hey it kept me out of the house longer!

Today the kids both have friends over. I baked cookies today adn the kids decorated them after school, now Landon is outside and Bailey is playing in her room, E is watching a Baby Einstein movie!

I know that I had a lot more to say or add, but I'm exhausted after a long busy week and can't remember any of it! Busy weekend ahead too, Matt has basketball testing tonight, then draft in the morning, kids have program practice at church in the morning, I'm taking pics of some friends kids, then birthday party for Angela, then going to one of Landon's friends' house in the afternoon for a bit! Nothing in the evening though, how crazy is that???? I really would like to enjoy the company of just my husband for the first time in a long time, but not sure that will happen either. Who knows! Sunday there is a concert at our church (seriously if you aren't busy at 7pm on Sunday you really should come check it out... it's always a great concert, not the typical christmas carols, but more upbeat music...great concert).

1 comment:

S Huiz said...

You wonder how a movie like that can get enough support to be made- that is the scary part! There must be a ton of unbelievers out there- in my little sheltered world, I don't run into them.

Sounds like you have been busy and will continue to be. If you and Matt want to go out one night- just call. I'll be glad to take your kids for a night. They should have/could have come tonight- we have a houseful anyway. :-)

I would love to come to that concert Sunday night, but we have our Christmas pageant at our church. Yours sounds much more entertaining, but I think Sadie will be fun to watch up on stage.