December 29, 2007

Matt's got it...

I guess I'm not suprised, Matt got sick now! Not suprised, but not happy either. I know he couldn't help it, I know he would rather not be sick, but we had plans to go out tonight. Dinner and exchanges. I NEEDED to go out. I have been with Elliot for a full week (-3 hours). He's been whiny & difficult for the last three days, making it not so pleasant to be with him. Frustrating actually. I was going to take him to the store with me a little while ago, but I ended up throwing him back in his bed b/c he wouldn't stop cyring! (He was sleeping when I got home). After he recovered from the flu he got a cold (his 3rd this season so far), so he has good reason to be crabby, but good grief, I can't stand it anymore!

So while cooped inside all afternoon Bailey & I watched Karate Kid (whoa... it's been a LOOOONNNGGG time) and now were watching Hook, all on ABC Family. I watched Hairspray last night (wow after typing this I realize I've probably watched more movies in the last 24 hours than I have in the last month), good movie. I had heard of other young girls watching it and liking it... totally don't recommend that! Way to much information for my 6 year old at least. She ended up watching Blank Check with her brother (which in her movie critic words was "AWSOME!"). Who knows what else is on tonight, I'm sure I'll be parked right here watching whatever it is though!

No big plans for New Years. I think we are just going to make some yummy food and stay in with the kids. I'm scared of driving with all of the other idiots that drink and drive (one of my paranoia's) and the thought of just watchign a movie, playing some games (both board & wii) sounds good right now! But, I HAVE to get out of this house before them, that's for sure!!!!! So, what are your plans? Anything great and exciting? Bet you can't beat mine!!!

Enjoy your weekend!

2 comments:

S Huiz said...

Do you own Hairspray? That is one I want to watch so I'll have to borrow it if you do. I heard it was great. Sorry about Matt- I can give you some relief when I return for some much needed YOU time! Your New Year's Eve plans actually don't sound bad. We hemmed and hawed about going out ourselves- for the same reasons. I hate to think of all the drunk drivers on the road. I'm hoping we'll be done and home safe and sound before they are out.

Jennifer said...

I am so sorry about your family's illness. It is so unpleasant. And I'm sorry you missed your night out. That's tough when you're looking forward to it! I'll be praying for good health!