December 10, 2007

Christmas Stuff

Copied and Pasted from Sarah's Blog (to lazy to link her up right now, see link on the right)

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Neither... latte for me please (Peppermint white mocha or Pumpkin Spice, all from Starbucks)

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wraps them


3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? both... really it's just red and white/gold


4. Do you hang mistletoe? No

5. When do you put your decorations up? Whenever we can get our "free" christmas tree

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Hmmmm... besides dessert what else is there???? Actually I do like almost all appetizers... as long as they don't include mayo or miracle whip, which in my mind is the same thing

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Getting up early early christmas morning and waiting to open presents til my mom and dad got up

8. How and When did you learn the truth about Santa? I have no idea... I think it's something that just happened

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Not family gifts, just the ones from my grandparents house

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Matt brings it in, straightens it out and then I do the lights and the kids do the ornaments and Matt does the topper (cuz no one else can reach)

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? YUCK

12. Can you ice skate? Used to be able to... haven't done it in YEARS AND YEARS though

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? When I was a kid it was my cabbage patch doll, but last year was great too when Matt got me a laptop OK, just thought of this... my radio tape player and my first tapes... Tiffany & Amy Grant... followed eventually by NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK and eventually Vanilla Ice. I would go through and write down all the words so I could memorize them and then sing them like crazy!

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being with my family and the joy and excitement on the kids faces!

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Ummmmmm, ALL OF IT!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Getting up early Christmas morning!

17. What tops your tree? A star type topper that I think was my mom's

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Giving, I'm just not that good at it, I can't pick out GREAT presents, just not that creative or original

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Anything from the concert I was at last night, I think Mary Did You Know or Christmas shoes tops the list though

20. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Paper

21. Real tree or artificial? REAL... gotta love that Blue Spruce Smell

22. When do you put up the tree? See Number 5

23. When do you take the tree down? Christmas night or the next day... ASAP, mostly b/c there are hardly any needles left by then

24. Do you have a nativity scene? No, but I want one... the one from Baker...can't think of the name of it... it's the figurines with the mother child, natural colors... know what I'm talking about????

25. Hardest person to buy for? Everyone... see 18

26. Easiest person to buy for? The kids

27. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? The year after my mom died I wanted a leather coat for christmas, b/c that was the cool thing to have... my dad got me a pink one... not what I was thinking. It got returned... sorry dad, you tried!

28. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail... sorry but isn't e-mail a little tacky????

29. Favorite Christmas movie? Hmmmm, I kinda like the classic cartoon ones I can watch and reminisce with my kids

30. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Mid december

31. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not that I can remember, maybe for white elephant (I think wedding gifts still may turn up for white elephant gifts though)

32. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Food, need I say more????

33. Travel for Christmas or stay home? Travel, but not far, in town still

34. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Comet Cupid Donner Blitzen Dasher Dancer Prancer VixeN, but what do you recall, the most famous reindeer of all...RUDOLPH

35. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning

36. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Crowds at the mall/no parking spaces, having NO time

37. What I love most about Christmas? The feeling, I can't explain it, you just have to experience it yourself

38. Favorite Christmas Traditions? Getting up early Christmas morning, although my kids don't like to, they don't seem to have the excitement that I had, I normally wake them up... pathetic

39. Favorite Christmas Memory? Wasn't this covered already???? Getting up early every year... I could always tell that my mom was excited to see us love our presents.

1 comment:

S Huiz said...

Haha Cracked up at your #13. I did the same thing (write down the words so that I could sing everything- I though I was OH SO COOL!) :-)