December 17, 2007

Crabby...

I am soooo crabby! The kid are driving me NUTS right now! I do something and they are both right there destroying it! I just cleaned the window and guess what they sat at it pounding on it immediately after I was done, the cleaner wasn't completely dry yet making it even worse. And truly I can live with fingerprints, it's the combination of thier destruction that is driving me truly crazy! Carson keeps pulling all the ornaments off the tree, like yanking them off, not our Christmas tree either, it's the hand made ornaments on my hibiscus tree in my dining room, so whne they get yanked off it pulls the branches down and breaks the ornament! Elliot is throwing everyhting and anything everywhere... he also figured out that if he stands on the stool (ottaman) he can reach the tv and pound on that and pull the cords out so we have no picture... driving me CRAZY I tell ya! Please pray that we all make it through the day! It doesn't help that my house feel extra cluttered right now from the weekend and that needs to be taken care of before more parties next weekend (and here I sit... productive huh??).

So... what do you think, are kids shaped by genes or influence? Elliot's latest big thing is playing basketball. Landon puts his hoop on the cupboard instead of the door and he shoots in it for quite a while at a time. I mentioned to Matt that he was lucky to have two sons with the same interests as him and he thought that maybe it was influence. I have to think this is somewhat correct. Matt's brother and himself have totally different interests, I don't think thier mom probably influenced thier likes dislikes either way, I have to think that it was Matt's friends that influenced his love of sports, and Jeff had a different group of friends with more of the drama/music interests. both are very talented at the interests they had. But thier is a family at our church that every single one of them is interested and talented at music. Now, I suppose that could be either one... genes or influence. Just something I thought was interesting to think about.

I added another link to the voting thing on top. The questions are the exact same, but you can "weigh" your answers as to how important the issue is to you. For myself I moved the scale higher for two issues and that totally changed my nominees. As suspected I am still very republican, I was just somewhat suprised at who actually was on top. I ended up with McCain, Huckabee and Romney. I wish thier was a question on a few other issues that I think are important, but I think I have an idea of who I like at this point. I honestly just can't wait til this whole election thing is over.

Bailey's room is a mess again, could be why I'm crabby again! She will be in her room for a while after school and lucky for her she will get a break to go play with Brooks & Cobe shortly after getting home... Sarah offered to watch the kids so we coudl get our shopping done finally! Thanks so much Sarah, I can't explain how appreciative I am, I think I will need a kid break by them too!

I know I ahd something else "hot topic" to post about, but can't think about it, maybe after I put the kids down for naps I'll be back! Enjoy your monday, hopefully more than I'm enjoying mine!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

OH man - I can so relate - that was me a week ago! Such a hard thing - but I know you will feel better after tonight - going out just you and Matt! Hope you finish up your shopping and I hope you make it thru your day until then! Nap time is always a blessing!

S Huiz said...

You must have gotten over your crabbiness- you were fine tonight. :-) Had fun with your kids. You'll have to stay next time and sing with me. See you in the morning.