June 24, 2007

Weekend Re-Cap

Friday:
Bailey ended up going camping with Maddie on Friday, she had a great time and was soooo proud that they made new friends (something Bailey isn't so great at)! Dimitri and Angela came over to our house while Mary and my dad went out for dinner. We had fresh salmon for dinner (caught that morning)! I just love a salmon dinner! Then we just hung out outside (such a gorgeous night), we played bean bag toss and just sat and enjoyed the kids. Ange and I did her nails and make-up too!



Saturday:
Matt slept in a little bit and then we just had a really really slow morning! Matt took the boys to the batting cage in the afternoon so I could rest a bit, then I went to pick up Bailey at the campground. After packing up the kids we dropped them off at my parents then we went out to friends to go for an early dinner. We ate at Pigion Lake lodge, the food wasn't bad, not sure I would recommend it though. It was nice that we were able to sit outside though! Then we launched the boat and went to the beach, played football, ate snack and just hung out. Then it was off to fish! We ended up catching two fish and got to hang out some more while we were out there. It was a fun night, enjoying a beautiful evening!

Sunday:
Church this morning, finale to vbs, all the kids (and some leaders) got up front to sing the songs that we learned at vbs that week. So cute. After church we laid Elliot down for a quick nap while we got the boat ready and packed up for a day at the beach! We launched the boat and met my parents at thier friends cottage on the lake so the kids could all hang out on the beach. We took the tube too for the first time. Landon got to go and i went too! I told Matt that he had to be extra gentle with me though, I'm petrified of any "big" water (bigger than a pool, especially big with fish inside). I didn't fall off, didn't even come close! It was just a relaxing ride! Elliot had a blast at the beach, playing in and eating the sand, he loved the water (until a wave got to big for him and scared him) and fell asleep in the boat on the way back into the channel! Getting the boat out of the water was a joke, it took forever, the launch was so busy and people didn't seem to notice that there was a place for those launching and place for those retrieving! It was craziness, no one had patience (including myself after a little while) and everyone wanted out! (I think we were all hungry, it was dinnertime after all)

Tomorow I have to get ready for Landon's birthday party at our house, we are doing hamburgers on the grill, so I need to make a trip to the store! His birthday isn't until Saturday but we won't be here for it so we are celebrating with family tomorow!

*****and your only getting one pic because I've been trying to open up my pics for about an hour now and having no luck, I'm exhausted and going to bed... NOW! I promise to be back tomorow with new pics... you definately won't want to miss these, I promise! :)

3 comments:

S Huiz said...

Sounds like a lot of fun stuff going on. Have a great time camping and get in touch when you get home from camping. Tell Landon we said Happy Birthday!!!!

Nina_VK said...

YAY Happy birthday Landon!
I can't wait to see more pics!! Have a great time camping!

Amanda said...

the VBS finale was so cute! Angela is a little doll! Yesterday was so busy boat wise on the water - we sat on the channel and just watched boat after boat - I bet the launch was chaotic!