June 16, 2007

Part A

I feel like I've been gone for so long and so much has happened... so this could get long... sorry if I loose you! (Totally understand though)

So for my birthday we met Mary at DeBoer Bakery (that's not how they spell it, but I'm not sure of the dutch spelling) (not "& Cafe") for some yummy cinnamon rolls and muffins! THen the kids and I went to Target to look for a beach umbrella, no luck, but still spent money, then to Bed Bath & Beyond to get one (knew they would have one), unfortunately I didn't have my coupon and didn't have time to run and get it so full price it was, not that it was that much! THen off to gymnastics for Baileys last day (pics will follow in part B later), Matt suprised me and showed up to pick up Elliot and Landon which won him some BIG points! When I got home Matt was still cleaning fish but when he got done we went to the pool which the kids absolutely LOVED! Elliot had a ball even though his naps were cut so short (instead of the normal 2 naps totaling 5 hours he had one nap totaling 1.5 hours), we were still paying for it on Friday though. At night my parents took the kids and Matt and I went for dinner to Mongolian Barbecue, good but not near as good as last time I was there, while we were there I dropped a raw egg on the ground... little embarresing, but not nearly as bad as it could have been if they found out it was my birthday, when they would have sang to me around the grill! No thanks! After dinner we went to Meijers (on 28th street, set up was totally backwards and turned around, took for-ever) to get stuff for the party, then hope to pick up kiddies and put them to bed after they all did some cleaning (I was exempt b/c of my birthday, love those days). So all in all it was a good day, I got money from pretty much everyone and Matt's mom got me one of those bean bag yard games that I've been wanting Matt to make me for years, so I was excited about that! Matt got me an ipod a few weeks ago! I still ahve some money left (even after buying my bathing suit), so I will be going shopping hopefully soon!

Friday we were cleaning much of the day and preparing! I got my bathing suit on Friday which I'm still not sure about, I think I was expecting a miracle suit, I wanted to be supermodel skinny and for some reason it doesn't work that way... so I need to decide if I'm going to keep it yet! 6:00 was party time, we ended up with 17 kids here, less than I though, but still enough! It went pretty well, we kept it so low key, didn't plan any games or anything, just food and fun. They played the bean bag game, basketball, bocce ball, football, trampoline and just hanged out (pretty sure that's not a word, but I'm at a loss for an alternative right now). We did s'mores over the fire and then everyone left! The kids had a ball and really I think I could do it again every week (if food weren't so expensive) it was so easy! (see part B for pics later)

This morning Matt is out fishing, I just got off the phone with him and they already have 4 fish in the cooler and have lost three, so they are doing great, two more and they are at thier limit! I got a great suprise, Elliot got up for his bottle around 7:10 (which is about 40 minutes later than normal), then suprisingly went back to bed until... get this... 9:00! What a great kid!

Some more serious stuff...
I had to bring one girl home last night and was on my way home from her house, driving down 96th around 10:00, watching and waiting for deer (I hit one last year so I'm petrified now) when there was all of a sudden a blob in the other lane, I slammed on my brakes, my heart was beating out of my chest (like in cartoons), when I was slowed down a bit I realized that it was a kid riding his bike... wearing dark clothing no less! I was scared out of my mind! Why are some people so dumb?????????????

And you know what, I had one other thought, but I'm rambled enough, I may have even lost myself at this point I will save it for another day! Enjoy your weekend, I will be back with pics later today or tomorow!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I don't know how having 17 kids over can actually be fun to you - LOL! Good for you - I am sure your kids love having you as a mom! Maybe it helps that they are older! (except Elliot of course!)
Anyway - sounds like a great weekend so far for ya! Glad you had a nice birthday!

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU very much for doing a summer celebration party. Morgan had a blast. Wish I had your gumption and patience to do things like that. Have a great weekend and maybe enjoy some fresh fish. Sooo glad you had an awesome birthday. TTYL