June 2, 2007

Lot's of random thoughts...

So, it's been a while since I showed off any layouts, so here you are... All credits can be seen here






And, I just got a PM from Amy Martin (designer at the Lilypad) that I won a $10 gift certificate just for scrapping with her featured product! Yay!!!! I never win anything! The layout I did with the featured product was the Mother Daughter one above (Bailey and I), the featured product was the sequined frames, what I bought with my gift certificate: Flower Frames Bundle and Cut Out Stars! I already had a lot from Amy, but love everything she puts out so I can always find more!

Bailey had ballet pics today, here are a few of the ones I took before we went to the studio... can't wait to get my camera and set up a little studio of my own to get some better ones!

Aren't those flowers great, they go so perfectly with the ones on her outfit! (They are from Natalie Braxton at the Lilypad)

Matt went fishing last night and look what he got...

We aren't doing so well with stocking the freezer though (which was our hope), we keep just eating it as soon as we get it. We had some friends over for dinner tonight which was fun! They have a son Landon's age (Landon is normally the oldest and out of place one), so the boys played really well together, and a three year old daughter that Bailey played with for a little bit and an 18month old son that Elliot thought was kinda funny for a little while! It was a good time, and good salmon! We marinated some of it in a garlic herb marinade (from Heinz) and then cooked the rest in butter with mushrooms and onions (our standard way of cooking it). If you have any great salmon recipes PLEASE let me know, if Matt is going to keep catching them I need to have other ways to cook it!

Today was so hot and sticky, but guess what I did... I ran! Yay for me! I seriously never have liked running, and I'm still not sure I do, and I definately don't like to sweat (I despise sweating in fact) and today I did both! I got terrible shin splints about half way though, so I ended up walking and let me tell you it was all I could do to keep moving, I so wanted to sit on the curb and send one of the girls that was with me on bike to go get Matt to pick me up, but I made it and then right into the shower! Ultimately it felt good, I just need to figure out how to prevent shin splints... any ideas????

Have a great Sunday!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Congrats on winning Amy Martin's contest - yippee - I love to see people I know win! Matt got some great fish - Kyle is jealous - he has been dying to fish again this summer!!! Glad you're having a good weekend and way to go on running!

Nina_VK said...

Look at you with all your cool LO's!! WoW, you have a lot done!! Congrats on winning Amy's contest!! Thats stinkin cool huh!!

Great work on the running too!! Thats awesome!! I need to get out more and start running to too. Are you stretching before running??? I remember back when we use to run in school they would tell us to strech out our calfs.

TTYL girlie!