June 17, 2007

Happy Fathers Day

So, contrary to popular belief having 17 kids at one's house really is pretty easy. Especially when they are 5 and older! Really no entertaining to do, just had to regulate a few arguments here and there, play a few games when someone was left out for a minute, we kinda just visited with another couple that stayed! Give me 17 two year olds and I may have to run far far away! FAR AWAY!

And I said the other day that I had another thought to share... recently we found Bailey in the backyard by the train tracks (which is forbidden) eating black berries with the neighbors. Really the berries weren't harmful, but how did she know that (oh yeah, and the neighbor girl "told" her to eat them), so we told her not to eat berries again and that she absolutely could not go back by the tracks! End of story, right? No, not with my almost 6 year old, independent little girly! So after the party I was taking one friend of Bailey's home and she said, "Bailey was eating berries tonight"... the same ones I specifically told her not to eat! I was quite quiet for a while and let her friend get out of the car before talking to her about it. I'm seriously scared by this. This is quite a regular occurance for her, doing excatly what I tell her not to do! My mind flashed forward quite a bit to her being a teenager, and me telling her that drinking and driving or drugs aren't safe and her making sure to go do exactly what I tell her not to do, S-C-A-R-Y stuff! I'm petrified of the day she rebels and gets hurt, I love her just the way she is right now, what will I possibly do when she doens't listen to me and it's truly dangerous? How can I drill this into her head that she needs to listen to me? I talked to her about how when I tell her something it's because I want to keep her safe and she seemed to understand, but did she really?



Yesterday Matt was fishing and came home with five salmon! Yay! We went for dinner at some friends house last night, the kids played in the pool, we had a campfire, s'mores, fun times!

So, did you have a good fathers day? We did. Church this morning. I actually put Elliot in the nursery for the first time, which went really well suprisingly. May have to try it again next week. After church we went for lunch (desperately need groceries, been doing way to much eating out lately) at Ruby Tuesdays, then home to nap! I slept for almost 2 hours, dreams and everything and here I am still tired! Tonight we went for dinner at my parents house, while we were there Landon got to fish in the "pond", we had steaks on the grill and ice cream sundae's for dessert, yummy!

Isn't Bailey's skirt the cutest? Found it at Old Navy yesterday, Love It!

OK, off for now! Have a great week! (Oh, yeah, and picture count so far (almost two weeks with camera) 2859, Matt is getting soooooooo annoyed)

2 comments:

S Huiz said...

Oh no! I don't even know what advice to give you about Bailey because I haven't experienced that yet. Cobe does really well with listening and doing the right thing. I fear however that Brooks will be our rebel child, and for goodness sakes, maybe Sadie will too the way she is starting out. My advice is to put it in God's hands and I will pray for you as well. Can she walk right onto the railroad track???? Maybe your move will be the best thing- no berries or no tracks wherever you decide to move. :-) Matt's fish are huge- I am sure those will make for some yummy dinners. Enjoy today and I'll see you tomorrow a.m. I invited Amanda to meet us there as well with her 2 girls. I may wimp out and drive to save time- we leave for NC tomorrow evening and I am already feeling the pressure- haven't packed and need to clean my house in case they show it while we are gone. AGGHHHH!!!!! I'll still meet you at around 8:45- most likely on the car then we can still hit the park for an hour or so.

Amanda said...

Glad to hear you re-affirm that 17 kids - 5 yrs and older - is fairly easy. So hard for me to believe, but only for the fact that I have little kiddos yet! Sounds like a nice Father's day! We'll maybe see you tomorrow