June 26, 2007

Change of plans...

No, my change of plans doesn't include anything about baby... but thank you all for
the encouragement, both here and via e-mail! I appreciate all of you and your positive thoughts. Again today I feel really well, so of course I'm getting concerned again!

Today, my uncle (dad's brother) passed away. It was definately not unexpected, but it did happen fast. He abused his body for the past many many years with alcohol and it took it's toll. He has been in the hospital off and on (mostly on) for the past year and few months up in Lansing. I feel guilty because I haven't seen him in all that time, I thought about going up to the hospital today to see him one last time, but I wouldn't have made it in time anyway. He had just had enough pain and asked the doctors to let him go. I can't imagine what a decision that would have been, he has a 3(?) year old little boy that he hasn't seen but a few times in the past year or so and will never know his dad, that is probably the saddest part for me.

So... because of visitation and funeral events, my family will be heading to the campground tomorow and I will be staying home... ALONE! Not sure how that will all work out, a few months ago I would have loved some time alone, now I dread it! I seriously don't know what I will do for 24 hours by myself. I will leave for visitation on Thursday at noon probably (not exactly sure on times yet), stay for half an hour or so and then head 4+ hours north to the campground. But it was either this or come home from up north and go back all in one day... that's about 9 hours of driving in one day... way to much for me!

I know I need to go to Target and Gap, and I could have done that tonight, but I will wait until I'm bored tomorow instead. I am so not good by myself, never have been and probably never will be. I used to be so bad I didn't like to to go stores by myself even. I've improved and can at least do that now, but still like to have company. The night is going to be the worst and longest for me, but I may just rent a few movies and go to bed early! I will definately miss my kiddies though! Sooooo much! (Oh, and Matt too!) I'm so happy that he's a great dad though and more than willing to take on this task of camping (setting up camp no less) with three kids all by himself. Should be interesting! I'll update upon our return!

So... now a few pics...
First of all a pic for a challenge from Nancy Comelab's blog... to post a pic of a special pic we took just to remind us... well this is where I'm at in my life right now! A reminder of how special this baby #4 is... and I really truly do feel that way. I am getting better and better by the day. I think each day that I feel good I get more and more scared that something is wrong which in turn just makes me appreciate this child that much more! Maybe that is God's plan!

And, pics from Landon's party yesterday...

Celebrating Landon's ninth birthday with family! I can't believe I have a nine year old! CRAZY!


The Heelies he got from Grandma and Grandpa and D and Ange! He loves them! His birthday was filled with all things feet... tennis shoes, rollerblades and Heelies! and lots of other gift cards and money and stuff...
Elliot LOVED the cake! LOVED LOVED LOVED it! He was quite the ham when he saw everyone watching him!
Landon was feeding him, Elliot thought it was quite funny!



And, some pics from the post the other day that I couldn't access at the time...

The fish that Matt caught...
Landon loved tubing!
Well all, I'll probably be back tomorow night when I get bored enough, or maybe I won't... we'll see! Enjoy your weekends and if I'm not back tomorow, I'll be back Sunday or Monday!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know we talked earlier about this, but I'm very sorry to hear about your uncle. It'll all work out. Good choice to stay for the funeral. Matt will have fun with the 3 kiddos camping. HAHA I can count a 100 ways I'd like to spend the afternoon without my 3. Call me if you're bored and come sit on my porch. Use this time for youself, that's gonna be few and far in between soon momma to be. Congrats again, couldn't have happened to more AWESOME parents. God must have an amazing plan for you and your family.So go with the flow!!

Kari said...

So sorry to hear about your family's loss. I remember driving up to Gaylord by myself to meet you guys after staying back for a visitation- was that 2 summers ago already?? Anyway- absolutely boring. I went thru a bad of licorice I think! haha. If you're really that bored today- you can come hang with the 5 of us! Avery and Brecken are here- it'd be nice to have some adult conversation thanks! Call me if you want. Otherwise have a wonderful trip.

Amanda said...

So sorry to hear about your uncle. Enjoy your free time - even if it is hard! Have fun camping. The pictures are wonderful - I can tell you have a Rebel - lucky girl!

Nina_VK said...

Oh I am so sorry to hear about your family's loss! I'll be praying for your family!

Becky (Daisyduster) said...

Sorry to hear about your Uncle...hope everthing goes well while you're "home alone."

But on another note,
I love your challenge entry!
How perfect to use the pink and blue jewels...so sweet!