February 20, 2008

My job...

I know my job is important and I know that I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing, but sometimes it feels SOOO insignificant. Almost everyone else I know has a job outside the home, whether it be full or part time, contributing to the world, not just thier home. Sometimes I feel like I even struggle to contribute to my home in a quality way (whoa is me!, not trying to gain sympathy, just explaining how I feel). I'm determined to learn something new, and maybe even lot's of new stuff. I ordered a few books of Amazon today, one for web design (which seems way technical, but quite my personality) and one for Adobe Illustrator, not sure what that knowledge would do for me, but I'm determined to know how to use it. I think just learning something new will increase my feeling of self worth. We'll see. I'll let you know how that goes. With any luck, in a few months (or years) I can offer to build you a website with lot's of pretty pictures (that I've drawn on the computer). Anyone interested??? :)

Did you know there's a lunar eclipse tonight? Landon just learned all about this kind of stuff, so I'll be waking him up in about an hour to view it for himself. They say that the next one won't happen til 2010 sometime so we better see this one! I'll try ot take pictures! Update: I tried to wake the kids up and they both rolled over and said nevermind! Oh well, I tried and I did take a picture, although it really didn't turn out, Landon will get the idea! I did add a moon pic to the 365 days blog though, kinda a cool one!

4 comments:

Brink Boys said...

Hey Lynette!

I saw your blog when I clicked on one of my friends cousin's blog...glad to find someone else in the blog world that I know! Love all the cute pix of your kids... Ange(Karsten)Brink

S Huiz said...

You know so many things already. I am amazed at how many talents you do have. You contribute way more to my life than you'll ever know, so please remember that working isn't the only way to contribute to this life/world. I feel like my job sometimes takes away from that in my life- contributing more to friends and my family/kids, so I think everything is a trade-off. I can't wait to see you venture into web design/Adobe projects though- I am sure I'll benefit in some way! :-) Cobe was supposed to view the lunar eclipse as well, but I am not going to wake him up. I doubt I'll even see it myself-isn't that sad?

Jennifer said...

What you do is the most important job in the world. Noone else can love your kids the way you do or take care of them the way you do. I feel like going to school takes away from what I should be doing more of at home. It spreads me way to thin. The only consolation is that there is only three more semesters left! Someday when you look back, I bet you'll be so happy that you captured all of these moments with your kids while you could. Though I understand that it really is a drag sometimes! And then when the time is right for you and your family you can do photography or a Web site or whatever it is you want to do! Just believe in yourself.

Beck said...

I know the feeling. One can "know" that the work put into a household (we really are managers to the nth degree) is immeasurably important to a family, but the day-in, day-out tasks feel like such repetitive, thankless tasks! Meh! Anyhow, I think your plan sounds like a good one, and that web design is right up your alley. I have a friend who does web design from home and it's great... happy to provide more info if you're interested. :) Also... Adobe Illustrator is the WHIP.