February 12, 2008

Good Intentions

I always have good intentions, and they always start about 3 weeks before necesary, but I ALWAYS end up waitint til the last minute and screwing things up royally. Valentines were no exception this year. I was going to make cute little treat toppers (could have bought them, but decided to make my own, silly me!) I bought the candy weeks ago at Sams Club so that's been sitting around just waiting to bagged. All I had to do was create the toppers, which I started a while ago, then forgot about, then finished last night, they were all cute... but they were the wrong size for the bags I bought. Lovely. So I bought new ones today at meijers... and then still created new tags for the bags b/c it was in my head that the ones I got didn't fit. So I did that quick (and lost all creativity in the process, they are so cut and dry, plain & simple.) and instead of one topper on a 4x6 picture size I made tags with three on one 4x6, but still printed one 4x6 for each bag that I had purchased (75) when I really only needed 25. Again, lovely! So... we got the bags filled (Bailey & I worked on that today), the tags printed and tied on... but with many mix ups on the way. Needless to say I have PLENTY of extra tags if anyone wants to get ambitious in the next day. Seriously. You can go my 365 blog to see finished product!

So, B is on her way back to school in the morning! She was perfectly fine all day, but can't return to school til she's been w/o a fever for 24 hours. We had a good day spending time together. Makes me think that I should take her out of school once in a while to hang out with her. E on the other hand was miserable all day, making me miserable too! I had a headache til the moment he went to bed when it miraculously disappeared. I felt so bad for him, he looked terrible all day, the poor guy! Let's hope for a better day tomorow!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully Elliot's sickness disappears as quickly as Bailey's seemed to and you can get back to normal!

Oh, and I've got you beat for putting off Valentine's ideas... I have done nothing and Derek and I are now celebrating early since he is closing Thursday night... meh! Now what?! Your bags sound darling and I'm on my way to your other blog to check out a pic...

~beck

S Huiz said...

I am sure the first ones would have been fine! That is a lot of work. I hope all of their Valentines appreciate your effort! : -)

Nina_VK said...

Aww, I think they turned out super cute!! You're a great mom for trying! :)

Oh man, I hope E feels better soon!Poor little buddy!!!!