November 17, 2007

So, although I hated Walmart, I was very pleased when I made my big purchase there... (see post below). Until I looked a little closer at my receipt and found that they overcharged me... A LOT! For a game and a controller. I didn't notice it when I was in the store because I was busy calling everyone I knew that wanted one and I was sooooo very excited! So, lucky for me when I returned to Walmart (with Sarah for support in case it got ugly) it took a while, but they refunded me the money. Wierd situation becaues anyone could really leave, come back and say that. But lucky for me (and them) they believed me!

So, yesterday was day one of break so the kids both had friends over. Landon & D played the Wii most of the day and Bailey & Tori played in her room, school, makeup, sisters and whatever else little girls play. Landon had a birthday party to go to in the late afternoon, so we dropped him off at Crazy Bounce, took Tori home then Bailey, Elliot and I headed downtown to Fricano's to meet the Huizenga clan for dinner. Matt met us there after picking up Landon from the party. The plan was to then go bowling, but there were no alley's with open lanes, so instead we just came back here to our house.

This morning we headed to St Joe (Mat, the kids & I) to rake leaves at my grandpas house. We weren't sure what to expect when we got there, but really it was no suprise that the yard was COVERED! Big job! Lucky for us we ended up with lot's of help from cousins and aunts and family. We were done in two hours with all the help, but it would have taken us at least 4, if not five if we were alone. We are so blessed that they were able and willing to stay and help. I didn't even ask for any help! I am so thankful for those that have nothing to gain by helping, yet do it out of the kindness of thier hearts!

So, we got home, rested for a bit, then Matt grilled some yummy steaks and we worked together to make TONS of chili for the birthday celebration tomorow, two HUGE pots of it. Who's birthday are we celebrating you ask? My dad's birthday... HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!

Now we are watching Night at the Museum with the kids, seems good so far, and I'm gonna sign off so I can really watch it... and cuddle with Bailey! I may be back later though to show off some leaf raking pictures!


Bailey & Elliot were exhausted from being outside for so long...

1 comment:

S Huiz said...

Wow! Glad you had so much support/help raking leaves- what a nice surprise. We had fun Friday night- thanks for having us over. And thanks for the new blog banner- it looks great! :-) Just getting home from our night out and I am tired. I'll post in a minute for you to peruse. :-)