November 10, 2007

A Real Post...

Last night we decided not to go to the football game, to cold and it looked like rain, instead we opted for pizza and movies. First we watched Surf's Up with the kids... cute movie! Then it was our turn... Mr. Brooks was our choice. Good movie, a little wierd and a little graphic in the very end, but twisty and suspensful, I enjoyed it (I just finished watching it, I fell asleep last night).

This morning, the kids and I went to Dimitri soccer game (which they won 7-0 I think). AFter that Elliot Bailey & Brooks (Sarah's son) needed flu shots so we headed to the clinic at our doctors office. It was busy but we didn't need to wait to long! Neither Elliot nor Bailey cried one little tear. I wasn't suprised at Bailey, but elliot not crying shocked me! He just looked at me like what is going on, then it was over and he was good!

I had let Sarah talk me into trying this Super King buffet that she had been to the week or two before. I'm so not a buffet person and chinese restaurants really don't impress me all that much, but I decided that it wouldn't hurt me to try it. Yeah... I won't be returning! I'm not quite sure what I ate, some beef, some shrimp, some rice, maybe some chicken... the waitress kissed Elliot on the cheek, strangers are not supposed to kiss my kids and then i guess she tried to take Elliot's lemon away from him b/c they are sour, ummmmmm, yeah, that's why he likes to suck on them!!! Don't take food away from my kid!

Then, while Elliot slept Matt and I cleaned the house, or I should say I cleaned the kids' bedroom and Matt cleaned the house... his idea, not mine! Although I would almost say he got the better bargain on that deal! The house looks good now though. There are always things that need to be done, but in general it's good!

Mark & Meghan came over for a Salmon dinner and some delicious Apple Pie that Meghan baked! Good times visiting and watching/listening to the kids play. Now, I'm getting tired again... these early mornings that have involuntarily become habit are knocking me over... but guaranteed I'll be up at 6:30 again tomorow morning.. yippeeeeeeee! Church tomorow and then I get to take a nap! I CAN'T wait!!!!

3 comments:

S Huiz said...

It is 12:28 AM and I am wide awake from the nap I took today- not such a great idea after all. I tried to go to bed at 10:30 and tossed and turned until 11:40, so I got back up. Felt bad keeping Ryan awake since he has to work tomorrow. Your recap of the buffet cracked me up- so true, but hilarious! I forgot to tell you that she kept touching Elliot's face too when she was trying to take away his lemon. Weird! I won't drag you back, don't worry. :-) Sounds like you had a fun night- call me tomorrow (really today) if the kids want to hang. :-)

Amanda said...

Sounds like a nice weekend! Nice to see a longer post! :)
You are going to have to do a LO post again soon for those folks who don;'t see your fabulous gallery!!!

Nina_VK said...

Ugh, she kissed Elliot and took away food??? Hokey Toots, I would have freaked a bit after the kiss--you just don't do that---ick!

I will see ya Tuesday??
Have a great day!