November 4, 2007

It's chili season...

I love to eat chili, but really hate to make chili and then eat it. Wierd huh? I just don't really like beans and the "sauce" in the cans of beans grosses me out. I know, I'm a little strange. But tonight I made some WONDERFULLY DELICIOUS chili and I wanted to share the recipe! Even after 3 trips to the grocery store it was worth it. See, Matt took the kids to St Joe with him with the deal that I would get groceries. We both despise this job, but this sounded great to me, not only did I not have kids for a few hours, but hopefully I would get a little free time after groceries. And I probably would have had I not gotten so ambitious. After getting groceries and putting them all away (even worse than the shopping part) I decided to start the chili. But alas I had forgotten the diced tomatoes, so off to Family Fare I go... upon my return I realize that I got only half of the amount that I needed. So off I go again, within 5 minutes I had left and returned to the same store. So anyway, even after all of that running and inconveniencing I say it was worth it and from all the reviews they say it's better on day 2, and since there is PLENTY of it left I intend to eat it for lunch tomorow. We topped it with tortilla chips, cheese, avacado and sour cream! What a great food weekend this was! Back to reality tomorow though. I babysit five days this week, so I'm going to be exhausted by this weekend, but it will be worth it! Have a great week!

1 comment:

S Huiz said...

That chili DOES look delicious! I got all the ingredients for regular chili and white chicken chili when I went to the grocery store on Saturday so I could make them both this week. Seems like good chili weather. If you want to take your kids to BSF tonight, I could watch them this afternoon after work if you want to go to Target then. Just email me and let me know. (I'm sure it will depend on what time Carson gets picked up, but I am free from 3:15 until BSF time.)