November 3, 2007

ahhhh-mazing!

So, I totally recommend the Melting Pot to EVERYONE! Maybe for a special occasion as it is quite expensive, but SOOOOO good!
Here's what we had:
Mediterranean Cheese Fondue - Fontina and Grùyere cheeses blended with roasted garlic, dates, shallots and a touch of white truffle oil. (We opted for no dates)
Athenian Salad - Crisp romaine and iceberg lettuce, ham, pepperoni, roasted red pepper, Kalamata olives tossed in a light
white balsamic vinaigrette and sprinkled with Feta cheese
Entree:Fondue Fusion which consists of about 6-8 pieces of each of the following (except the pasta which was one piece)
Lobster Tail
Filet Mignon Medallion
Balsamic-Marinated Sirloin
Garlic and Herb Chicken
Citrus Pork Tenderloin
White Shrimp
Wild Mushroom Ravioli
Roasted Red Pepper Rigatoni
Fresh Vegetables (unlimited)
This portion of the meal also came with about 9 different dipping sauces/cheeses! I love to dip so this was a pleasant suprise, the trick was trying to remember what was what!
And for the ABSOLUTE BEST PART OF THE MEAL:
Dessert Disaronno® Meltdown
Silky white chocolate swirled with Disaronno Originale amaretto and flambéed tableside.
Served with: Dippers...
Fresh strawberries, bananas, cheesecake, tasty marshmallows these are marshmallows covered in oreos (which were absolutely heavenly) and graham crackers,
pound cake, shortbread and brownies for you to dip into any of our
decadent chocolate fondue creations.

Oh, and I had one of these too... yummy!
Love Martini
Love at first sip! Malibu rum,
Peach Schnapps, cranberry juice
and fresh strawberries.

I would go back just to have dessert! Matt even LOVED it and he is not a big dessert eater! It was soooo wonderful!

(Oh, and Susie, it was where you were thinking it was... I was confused, sorry!)

We also made it to the mall adn I picked up a few things with my coupon, so it was a good night all around!

Tomorow we get to go to St Joe and do some yard work after church. We did our own today, I even powerwashed the swing set, that thing was dirty!!! I had to wear Matt's raincoat though, I'm sure i was qutie a sight, good thing no one was around!

1 comment:

S Huiz said...

Brings back the memories.... of Friday night! haha Sounds delish! So funny that you loved the oreo covered marshmallows= they were TOTALLY my favorite thing to dip, but were no one else's favorite. I thought they were absolute heaven! I made the mistake of eating mine first, so I ate the best thing first. Ryan claimed I could have his, but he ended up eating it. I could go back for dessert alone and that wouldn't have been unreasonable at all or just for the cheese appetizer... makes me want to plan a trip.

If you want to go to St. Joe without kids, we can help out. We have to go to lunch at MIL's house, but we could get the kids after that around 2:30 or so if that would help you at all. Let me know if you want to wait and go then. Sleep well with a full tummy!!!!