November 29, 2007

How do you feel about mice????

I don't like them at all... they freak me out, make me very anxious and crabby and I'm scared to death that one will crawl up my leg, under my pants. So why am I talking about mice you ask... because they are fresh on my mind. Last night at church we were painting ornaments in a classroom and look out in the hall and guess what... there was a mouse crawling up the wall with people gathered around watching it. Eventually they got the mouse down so that he was scurrying across the floor. Right past our door. At the first sound of the word mouse my legs were up on the chair with the rest of my body, all instinct. Not something I even thought about. So, today I keep watching for mice wherever i go... they are on my mind, not a good thing considering how much I HATE mice!

We did not leave the house today until about 6:00, which is late for me, normally I at least go out to take the kids to school. Today I talked Matt into it for me though! (Oh, and by the way, he got his cast off yesterday, now he has to wear a splint sometimes for about 6 weeks when he goes back for more x-rays) At 6 Landon and Matt went to play basketball with a bunch of Lanodn's friends at our church, Bailey, E and I went along for a little while (the whole time I was looking for mice though and couldn't dare sit down cuz I'm sure one would crawl right up my shirt), then off to Target to do a little christmas shopping. Just a very small dent in our growing list. Call me scrooge, but I hate having so much on our list for Christmas. I hate drawing names, I hate having someone tell me what to buy them. I never end up with anything I NEED, b/c what can you get for $20? I would rather do names just for kids, Matt and I don't need to open anything at those parties on Christmas... OK, done complaining now, I just find it so far from the meaning of christmas, or any meaning for that matter.

Tomorow I'm going out for dinner with EJ and Austin and Landon, then Saturday we get to go get our Christmas tree and decorate it! Lot's of other stuff going this weekend that will make it quite busy for us, but I'm ready for a weekend! You too????

2 comments:

S Huiz said...

Yes- ready for the weekend. Forgot to tell you- NO big bag of kisses at Sam's. They did have cheesecake ones and toffee crunch (and plain) in bulk, but no candy cane. Bummer- they may just be out???? Have fun with your Christmassy weekend. I know what you mean about the drawing names- whatever happened to the true meaning of a gift- getting someone something YOU think they would like. I have to admit I am guilty of sending lists to my parents though to make sure I get what I want. One of my favorite things to do as a child was to take the Sears catalog and make a Christmas list of all the toys I wanted. I guess I am a list maker by nature. Thanks a ton for the CD's! You have many gifts to share- those that can't be bought. Thanks for all you do for our family.

Amanda said...

That brings a whole new meaning to church mouse - LOL! I hear you on presents - we have gotten WAY better in both sides of families about not doing so much!