November 24, 2007

The post that never ends...

It's been a while since I posted so you get a long one... really there isn't that much to say, but lot's of pictures to share!

Our family thanksgiving picture! Thanksgiving was a good day after all, we had a delicious dinner, dessert and a nap! Bailey & I snuggled up and slept for over an hour! In the evening Elliot seemed to be better so we went to Matt's dad's for thanksgiving, we didn't stay to long though, Elliot needed to sleep!


Friday I don't do the whole shopping early thing, if you do good for you, I just can not handle the crowds and waiting in line. Granted, if there was something I needed and it was a GREAT deal (it would have to be an incredible deal) I may just go early, but so far that hasn't happened. I did venture out to the photo store to look at lenses though in the morning. I have been looking at two different ones, wtih two very different price tags. After talking to a salesperson he decided that he didn't want his anymore and was willing to sell his. He said that he had hardly used it at all and it was the one with the much lower price tag, so not only did I get the cheaper one I got a heck of a deal on it too! I wasn't planning on getting one for sure, but at the price I couldn't refuse, it was a steal! And I'm so thrilled that I did! All fo the following pictures were taken with the new lens. It's much better at the inside pics of the kids, I struggled to find the settings to use for the indoor pics with my other lens (w/o using my flash at least), but now it's perfect! (For those that have a clue what I'm talking about it's the 50mm 1.8 Canon) It's a fixed lens and that will take some getting used to for me, but it will be worth it!

So, Friday night Matt had the gym at our church for the boys to go play basketball. By boys I mean Landon & his friends. He ended up with 10 boys playing, which was a great turnout. There were a few times last year where no one showed up, but others with tons of boys, this was a happy medium! I didn't stay for very long so I didn't get a ton of great pics.
Cobe is one of the boys that went along...

Landon playing the game...

Today we did a lot of work outside, trying to get leaves picked up. We took Elliot outside with us a few times for very short amounts of time. It was SOOOO cold and he doesn't have any mittens. I tried to put some pink girly mittens on him (from Bailey) and shortly after putting them on he had them and his hat hidden in the leaves in the yard, not sure if it was because they were pink or because they were mittens! Don't you just love that face????? :)

A rare pic of Matt & Elliot, I seriously don't know when I last got one prior to this!

It was a Mojito kind of day... actually I did drink this, but I also liked the depth of field on this pic...

After our fried fish dinner which Matt made outside Elliot got put right in the tub... I love this pic of him too!

Here's another silly face!

And, after dinner Matt did some of the Christmas lights, I had done some earlier and now we are finding that half the strands don't work so we need to get some more! But for now at least we have some lights and our fall decorations are gone! (Sometimes we are slow on removing prior seasonal decorations)


One more day of relaxing and then real life starts again. The kids start school again adn I start "full time" working/babysitting. Definately ready though, a schedule almost sounds good, although I've been lucky to have E sleeping in until about 8:30 or nine most mornings! I'm done with my photo class now too, so that is one more free night in the week! That will feel really good! Matt & Landon start basketball soon, so that free night will fill right back up soon, but we will enjoy it while we have it!

Enjoy your Sunday and your week!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Great post - loved reading it! Glad your thanksgiving turned out great after all! Good choice on the lens. If and when I get a DSLR, that is a MUST have lens for me - more so than the zoom lens for me! You will get some great shots with that!

S Huiz said...

Cobe is reading/looking at this over my shoulder and wondered where the b-ball pics of Landon are? He wants to see some. Your pictures are great- the lens must be worth the money. Love E's expressions! Cobe's hair looks like a freak show- may be time for a cut after all???? And yes, Ryan went to Meijer's last night and got me lights- so the 2 trees are done. And I put a candle light in each front window. All I have left to do is the column/garland. Why weren't you truthful and say you haven't posted because you have been TOO BUSY helping others with all of THEIR projects????? :-)

S Huiz said...

So weird- just went back and now the picture of Landon playing b-ball is there. Hmm....

S Huiz said...

So weird- just went back and now the picture of Landon playing b-ball is there. Hmm....