November 22, 2007

Excuse me while I whine...

Elliot isn't feeling well today so we are stuck at home. Not what I anticipated for Thanksgiving at all. And I know that everyone is with thier families today so no one will really read this, but I feeling bad for us... no huge dinner, no huge family... just us, our little fam of five. We are trying to make the best of it though. I have sweet potatoes made (that is what I was bringing to dinner), Matt went to Meijers to get some more groceries so we can have green bean casserole, cranberry sauce (we've never actually had that, but we decided to try it), party potatoes, chicken dip (appetizer) and maybe some pie. So when he gets home I cook, he will go get turkey from Boston Market (I don't have the time, knowledge or patience to cook one of those). I am trying to make this different than our "regular" dinners at home so I think we will use the "good" dishes (which I have to add we have NEVER used). Right now E and I are watching the parade on tv and relaxing! If there happens to be someone reading this... Happy Thanksgiving! (I really am past the whining part of this whole scenario, just trying to make the best of what is now!)
ETA: Dinner was wonderful... Boston Market does some GOOD turkey and stuffing and gravy, I did some good sweet potatoes, green bean casserole and cranberry sauce (which we really liked on the turkey and think will be even better on the leftover turkey sandwiches!). The one thing I was disappointed in was we didn't have any desserts, but Susie was reading this before going to dinner and she stopped by with some yummy desserts for us! What a wonderful friend, I was near tears b/c I just feel so blessed! Thanks Susie!

Oh, and we went to see Enchanted last night... SOOOOO good. There were a few parts that may be to intense for the younger crowd, but all in all a GREAT movie!

2 comments:

S Huiz said...

Oh no! Believe it or not, I'm just checking this for the first time today and it is almost 7:00! I am sorry E isn't well- what is wrong with him? Sounds like you had a good meal after all and Susie IS a great friend to take you dessert- how nice! I haven't even heard of the movie Enchanted- I'm sure we'd wait until the DVD anyway. Hope Baby Elliot is well VERY soon!!!!!

S Huiz said...

Who were your matches? Don't know that I agree with mine either.

I have totally changed my game plan for tomorrow. I am going to run to Target early (call me crazy), but then will be home after that. So call me. :-)