May 13, 2007

Saturday was a pretty good day, we got an unexpected and rare treat from Mr. Elliot, he slept in until 8:30, so nice of him! Landon had to be at practice at 9, so rush rush and we got him there. The only thing we had on Saturday was Matt wanted to paint the bathroom. We skipped lunch so we made an early dinner of hamburgers on the grill and corn on the cob, it was so good!
Then it was time for a campfire and my favorite summer treat (ok, one of my favorites), s'mores! Elliot enjoyed plain old graham crackers! While we waited for the fire to be perfect for roasting those marshmallows the kids and I jumped on the trampoline, I'm finding that I really like to jump with the kids, the exercise is GREAT! Unfortunatley I would look pretty silly jumping all by myself!

Today is mothers day...what a great day to celebrate being a mom!
My littlest one looks to be quite a moose in this pic, he really isn't as big as he looks, it was just a "bad angle"!!!

This morning Matt got up with the kids (specifically Elliot) while he let me sleep in. I couldn't sleep so I just laid in bed and enjoyed it! After a bit I got up and got ready for church and got the kids ready (picked out clothes and did hair, things Matt can't do), Matt brought the kids to sunday school and picked up bagels for us. After church we rested a bit then walked over to Matt's mom's house to visit and bring her her gift (more on that later), then off to dinner with my family. When we got home we played on the floor with Elliot and watched AFV with the kids in between them putting clothes away and picking up. My mothers day gifts included some hanging baskets that Matt and the kids picked out (absolutely beautiful), some tennis shoes (that I picked out), a card with "coupons" from Matt for backrubs (I normally have to beg and I told him that I wanted unlimited backrubs for a year for mothers day, instead he limited it, but still I won't have to beg for a while) and eventually a kid free day (I love my kiddo's to death, but NEED time away too, I really just want a quiet day without responsibility, which if you are a regular blog reader you know), and the BEST gift of all is what he is doing right this minute... he is cleaning the house! It looks GREAT! Seriously, that is the BEST part of my day, I smile whenever I walk into the living room/kitchen area! I am so lucky to have such a wonderful husband and three wonderful children! I hope that you all enjoyed your mothers day and have a great week!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh - what a nice Mother's Day - very good of Matt! Kyle didn't do too shabby either although I just really wanted to scrap without feeling guilty and I didn't get that - he makes me feel guitly for doing that - argh! Anyway - our weekends were fairly similar with a bonfire and smores and all that good stuff!

I might see you tonight if you are at BSF - I am going to go for the orientation thing to join this fall - hunt me down if you see me. I also heard that you and Kari and Nina are going to the ballet this weekend - how fun - Nina invited me too but Kyle is gone and I made previous plans! Have fun at that with your daughter!

Nina_VK said...

Aww..It sounds like your Mother's Day was AWESOME!! That is so great..you deserve it!!

I got cards from my girls and hubby, and lots of hugs and kisses. What more could a mom ask for, right?!?!

So excited about the ballet!! I don't know what Eva will love more, sitting by other little girls, or the music and dancing...lol ;) We'll see ya there!!

Have a great day girl!

P.S. The pics I took of my nieces and nephews were taken at dutch village. It's a pretty cool place if there aren't a ton of people areound. :)

S Huiz said...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend! And you sound like you still have some pampering in store ahead- good for you! See you tonight (finally)! Great pictures too!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great Mother's Day! I did too! Desereved! LOL. Wasn't it sooo nice out?? Perfect for grilling and smores.. yum! Let's do that together sometime soon with the kiddos!