May 22, 2007

God is SOO good!

They got the results from the spinal tap on Angela and it is viral, not bacterial, so praise God for that! She will be able to leave the hospital today. I know that she still has headaches and such, but that will pass, and has to run it's course, just as a cold would have to do!

Last night was our last night of BSF, Sharing Night, where people can get up and talk about what God has done in thier lives in the past year as a result of studying our lessons (Romans this year). It's always good to hear what other people have experienced. Never in a million years would I have thought that I would stand up. I am so not good with words and can never get all of my thoughts out (whether typing or speaking, I always feel like I left something important out). All of a sudden some thoughts popped into my head (things I wouldn't have even thought about) and I sat and kept telling God (in my head of course) that there was no way I was going to stand up and say anything! Especially what I was feeling he wanted me to share, there was just NO way! But, the feeling just wouldn't go away, I was near tears just out of pure nervousness, but somehow God made me raise my hand for a microphone. It was totally God speaking through me (although I'm sure I didn't let him say EVERYTHING he wanted me to say because I was so ready to sit back down), I'm still unsure why he wanted me to share something so minor, but I know there was a purpose, someone needed to hear what I said, either that or he just wanted me to feel that completely sick feeling for some wierd reason!

I haven't shared this with many people at all, but I guess there is no harm in sharing what God is doing, right? I was scheduled to go in for a hysterectomy about a month ago on a Tuesday, not so we can't have babies (although that is obviously the case) but for preventative reasons. I had the kids all scheduled, where they would be, sleep, who would take care of them etc (big stuff, I would be in the hospital for 3 nights and not be able to walk all that well for a week or two, they were going to go in right on my c-section scars, so basically having another baby surgury without the joy of having the baby...). I waited as long as I could to tell anyone that needed to know, but pretty much didn't tell many people. Monday night as I'm rushing around after taking Bailey home from Ballet and trying to get to BSF I had a message at home and guess what, the surgury was cancelled because my insurance wouldn't cover it. So, less than 12 hours before I had to be at the hospital, I found out that I didn' thave to go. Now, I had prayed about whether or not to have this surgury for quite a while, we are sure we are done having kids, but this would make it SO final! I went to the doctor and without really feeling like I had a clear answer from God I went ahead and scheduled the surgury. (I guess I felt as if no answer was better than a no, so I would go ahead) So, this was God's way of telling me NO I guess. I have totally been at peace with waiting, God has a purpose and I may find out what it is, and I may have to wait til I meet him in heaven to find out! (I just really hope it's not that he thinks our family needs more babies, b/c one is driving me nuts right now!) I have been totally patient with His timing and just continue to wait, of course I HOPE that he will make his will clear to me, show me what the purpose of all of this is, but that isn't in my control!

So, now I've shared something I really had never planned to share, but God had other plans! (Keep in mind I was much more vague at BSF)

Good day to you all, have a wonderful joy enjoying this wonderful Michigan sunshine! (Hah, Lanodn would love that, Michigan Colors!!!!!, he was so geeked this morning when he woke up and saw that the Pistons won last night, and only by three!!!)

3 comments:

S Huiz said...

Yay for you to get an answer in the most unexpected way!!! I just emailed you before I read this, so I asked about Angela in the email. Praise God for that news! I am proud of you for sharing. I had something I could have shared and was WAY too chicken, so I know how hard it must have been to share. Good for you to listen to God's prompting. :-)

Amanda said...

Glad the sharing night was good! Wow - how great that the answer was so apparent. Maybe God's plan isn't for you to have more babies, but that he doesn't want you to have such a major surgery at this point in your life! You are so so young!!! Sometimes the prayers are answered in the way they are for reasons that we will never know - maybe having the hysterectomy would have been not so good for you - who knows! I hope you have a peace about it - it seems as if you do!

Nina_VK said...

good for you girl!! I am the same type of person-very quiet, reserved, just keep to myself! I can only imagine how nervous you were, but you listened and did it anyway!! that is awesome--Good for you!! God is good FOR SURE!

So happy to hear about the good new about your sister! I hope she feels better soon!!