May 11, 2007

Happy Weekend...

Happy mothers day to all the mothers! Any big plans? Nothing to huge here, we are doing lunch with Matt's mom on Sunday and Dinner with my family at night. But always a great day to celebrate such a great job that God has trusted me with! He knows that I can be a good mom, I just don't always know it!

Here are a few pics of typical Elliot faces... I am starting to feel as if things are changing, he just isn't an infant anymore. He eats mostly solid foods with only 3-4 bottles/day, he can get around pretty well (although he is yet to crawl), he plays so well (not by himself though), I don't get quite as stressed out by him and trying to keep him happy anymore! I'm saddened by how fast things are going... I know the year will be over before I know it!
Look what I made this morning? Don't they look yummy? Well guess what... they sure were, the kids and I LOVED them!
Tonight we went to a Whitecaps baseball game with Landon's school. We stopped for dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings on the way...one of my absolute fav's! After about the second inning it started to rain, so Elliot, Bailey and I went and stood under the canopy for a little while, shortly later we were joined by a TON more people! It finally quit raining, but by that time the seats were all wet and it didn't look all that fun to sit, so we decided to leave. Landon was able to stay with a friend and one of Bailey's friends came home with us (both from the same family). On the way out of the game a ball came rolling right out of the gate, it was a foul ball, so I ran to grab it, but guess what a little kid (about 8-10) ran and almost knocked me over to get it. Now, not a huge deal, I didn't NEED the ball, I just thought it would be fun to give to Landon, it was the fact that the kid was so aggressive about it. Matt and I were talking on the way home about how when we were his age we would have NEVER acted like that if we had seen a mom going after the ball like that. The terrible part was that his dad was right there watching and laughing. Whatever, I don't need the ball. (I think another reason I was upset is because it seems whenever I try to get something free, I'm just so close, but never close enough, I tried to get Switchfoot tickets from a local radio station that has a studio in the mall, they had enough tickets for the first two people, I waited outside the door for about half an hour and Matt called me when the song was on that meant I had to go in, guess what, some lady walked in off the street and beat me in, making me the third person, mostly because I had a stroller and couldn't open the door that easily...I'm going ot have to start being more aggressive, watch out, don't get in my way!) Anyway, enough complaining...here is a pic of Matt and Elliot after leaving the game, I just thought it was cute to see how happy Elliot was sitting up there!


Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm suprised it rained on ya - we got nothing here!!! Happy Mothers Day to you too!

bethmaat said...

argh that would make me mad about those switchfoot tickets. love them :)
to bad about the foul ball and i agree with you, kids now days are definitly more agressive and less intimidated of adults. so annoying that parents just let their kids do whatever and then i am punishing mine left and right to teach them life lessons and to become better people. sigh......at least we see it and aren't part of it, right??
happy mother's day to you.......and i think i saw you at captain sundae last night. we were there after dylan's t-ball game eating cones and sundaes :) my fave!!

S Huiz said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too! I hope you have a great rest of your weekend. Hitting today's parade? We're heading there at least for part of it.