May 27, 2007

J-E-L-L-O...

...that's how my legs feel right now, but more on that later...

So, Friday we went out for dinner. We ended up getting pizza at Clover Bar, not my typical kind of place, kinda small and grungy looking, but I know they have great pizza, so that makes it all ok! I'm kinda fanatical about my pizza, I know what I like and what I don't like, I don't like Pizza Hut, Vitales, Hungry Howies (although I will eat all but Pizza Hut), or any of the other chains really, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE, Marios (tons of cheese and great hot sauce/salsa to put on the pizza), Fricanos (for when your looking for tons of grease), Skiles (nice thin pizza, lots of cheese, great sauce) and Clover Bar (with fresh garlic), oh and there is a place up in Ludington with great pizza too, called Irish Pub I think! Anyway, it was great to get away without kids with friends.

Saturday we woke up pretty late, took our time getting ready (literally we didn't get dressed until 11:00), kinda a nice lazy morning! Then we went to get some steak at Bob's Butcher Block, our first time there, the steak was incredible and not any more expensive thatn the chain grocery stores! Then Meijers to get some other necesities. Matt trimmed the bathroom, so all we have left to do is flooring and some paint! So excited to be almost done! My goal is to have the For Sale sign in the front yard by my birthday! Were going to try By Owner first, if that doesn't work after a while we will have my brother list it!

In the evening we went to Ryan and Kari's to grill with some friends. It was nice to get out of the house and socialize, it was raining though so we couldn't do a campfire, but that didn't stop us from s'mores, we just had to use the stove! The kids all played well together, Mayci and Elliot actually kinda played, Elliot was a master at crawling, he is getting around so well now and getting faster by the day, which may not be all that great, but for now it's fun to watch! Mayci was quite the ham when the camera came out...so cute. The babies actually stayed up quite late (like 9:00, normal bedtime of 8:00 or before for Elliot), and they were doing great, smiling and all!




Today we went to church and then out for lunch, then home for naps (the kids had to take naps b/c they chose to stay up LATE to watch the Jazz/Spurs game)! Matt is out fishing this evening, he couldn't wait to get out salmon fishing, as many times as he has tried he hasn't been able to salmon fish with his boat yet! And yeah for him, I just talked to him and they have one and lost one right at the boat, I'll update later on how many he comes home with! While they have been gone Bailey and I went for ice cream at Coldstones and then put Elliot to bed and we went and jumped on the trampoline for about half an hour, which brings me back to my title, my legs feel like jello! At one point I couldn't even breath and thought I may be dying, but it was good for me, I can't believe how out of shape I am. Then we came inside and played 2 game of Sorry, we each won once! And now we are watching Ice Princess on ABC family, such a cute movie, and munching on popcorn!

Tomorow we are off to the parade, not sure if the kids will be in it or just watch it, we'll decide that in the morning I guess! I need to clean my house (don't I say that every time I post, it feels like I always need to do it) in the afternoon, then grilling Salmon in the evening with Matt's mom for Mothers Day (yeah, a little late, but we didn't have any fish before)!

So enjoy your Memorial Day!

And a couple of random pics to share with you...

Have you seen enough bath pics of my boy yet, this was his first one in the big tub without a seat and he was so thrilled to get in! He seriously goes CRAZY when he sees water running, CrAzY I tell ya!

And...Elliot just LOVES his dog, (ok really any dog, but especially his), he always is crawling over to him to try and play with his feet and as often as I try to stop him, Dex has licked him a few times, much to Elliots JOY! He giggles so hard, but grosses me out so bad!

ETA:

2 comments:

S Huiz said...

Good for you jumping on that tramp! Lisa just got one last week so I am hoping to do some jumping myself- it has to be great exercise. Didn't see you at the parade- hope you had fun. I posted pics of our party after you visited my blog tonight-you caught me in mid-post! haha Love seeing the pics of your little guy- bath or any- he is such a cutie. Hope your kids have a great last week of school- we'll have to get together soon.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how well Elliot is crawling. It's like a dominoe effect, once it starts it falls into place. Hey by the way CONGRATS on running. I'm so there next time. My ELI said for sure on the chasing him for $ thing. Anyways Happy Memorial Day and hope your cook out went as well as mine did. Hey speaking of JELLO, I made amazing jello pudding pops. The kids loved them with Oreo cookies inside. Yeah, my yummy pudding pops and your exercise is totally not the same!!