May 29, 2007

It's almost June...

I'm happy and I'm sad. First of all, I was a guest for Amy Wolff's creative team in April, that got carried over to May, but now May is almost done so that means I'm almost done! It has been great fun and I will so miss it! You can check out Amy's stuff here!
But, for June I was asked to be a guest for Cori Gammon, you can see her designs here (site is actually down, but for future reference) and here! I'm sure that will be a fun time too and can't wait to get started!
So, all in all a bittersweet ending to May!

For some reason I can't get my pics to download from my camera right now, I had this last week too and had to put them on my other computer, then on the EHD, then transfer to my laptop... quite a process and I don't feel like doing it right now... so maybe later I will be able to share some Memorial Day pics!

We had a good day yesterday, or at least productive! We went to the parade in the morning, which turned out to be quite hot! Then the kids both had friends over and played outside most of the day while Matt and I cleaned the house and yard. The house is actually clean for once, not perfectly, but it's clean at least! While Matt was mowing the lawn I was on the phone with Great Wolf Lodge trying to get reservations using a coupon a friend got in the mail, with NO luck! I talked to four different people, with different answers from each, then when I finally got one that started understanding me we got disconnected (or maybe she hung up on me...), so guess what, we just aren't going to go! (Bummer)

Then in the evening we grilled with Matt's mom and brother, we had salmon (some of it was marinated in this...seriously, you have to check it out if you like fish, this is marvelous), fruit salad (with Cool Whip), party potatoes (marvelous), and zuccini squash! Followed by some fruit salad! Yummy stuff!

After all that dinner I decided there was no better time than the present to start running! So I went for a brisk walk, followed by some running, something I never have done or been at, but I was proud of myself. I made goals that I had to run this far before walking and I surpassed by goal by quite a bit! YEAH for me!

I just had to go to get blood drawn and renew my license at the SOS office (always lovely fun) now I'm off to Grandville in a bit to return a shirt and maybe pick up something different! Have a great monday (oops, Tuesday I mean), I'll be back later with some pics hopefully!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I can't believe it is almost June either - where does time go? Sounds like a productive day off. Have fun out at the mall!

S Huiz said...

We love salmon at our house so I'll have to try the marinade. We only get it to eat when Ryan's dad catches it and gives it to us. Good luck shopping- seems to be the season for that! (Isn't every season the season for shopping if you are a girl???)

Nina_VK said...

Oh Man, I love salmon. My DH doesn't like any seafood so I don't get to eat it often.

Glad to hear you had a great day yesterday!! Oh yeah, was Bailey in the parade yesterday?? I think I have a picture of her LOL :)

Have a great day!!