May 6, 2007

My Weekend...

On Friday we had a garage sale at my parents house, not super busy, but I made some money and I got some sun...lots of it. My neck still hurts 2 days later! After we closed I was exhausted so when Matt got home I took a short (but very effective) nap! Then around 7 we left for the fireworks. We got down to the park early, laid our blankets down and waited. We enjoyed the junk food while we were there and the boys played a game at the carnival. Shortly before the fireworks started some high school kids plopped thier blanket down almost on top of us! They were obnoxious and very annoying! It used to be that middle school kids annoyed me the most, but the closer Landon gets to that age, it's changing to high school kids. We had fun none the less, we didn't get home til almost 11, and the kids were exhausted!

On Saturday morning I got up early and went to open up the garage sale, Matt got the kids to Landon's practice and took them out for breakfast. Then took Bailey to her practice adn brought me the trailer to load up all the garage sale stuff that was left! AFter we got home he worked on the bathroom some more, I think he is almost done mudding it! (YEAH!!!!!) Last night we watched Charlottes Web, super cute movie, totally recommend it!

This morning we got up for church, came home and relaxed a little then Matt went fishing, Lanodn to a friends house and Bailey, Elliot and I went to a birthday party! Now we are trying to get backpacks all ready for school tomorow, get homework done (yes, I'm teaching my children to be procrastinators), all while we watch AFV! Busy week this week, but that's ok, every week is super busy, and actually the kids have half days on Wednesday and Thursday so we can go to parades (we might go on Wednesday, depending on weather), and they don't have school at all on Friday!

Here are a few pics from the fireworks...

2 comments:

S Huiz said...

Still wishing we didn't miss the fireworks. Hope Landon does well at his game tonight- catch you next week!

Amanda said...

The fireworks were great weren't they? We watched from Dutton Park on the north side - which is great with young kiddos b/c they are not quite as loud there and getting out and home is only about 10 min. - no traffic!!!

Sounds like you had a fun weekend and a busy week ahead as usual! How did you do at the garage sale?!