May 1, 2007

A Random Act of kindness...

So, 8 years ago today it was a beautiful day, we were young, but knew we were meant to be together! We had already had Landon 10 months earlier, but weren't getting married for "the wrong reasons". After the service we took a trolly to a park where we took what ended up being my favorite pictures! (I'll try and share some of them sometime, but that would require scanning and I despise doing that) Then off to the reception. By the time we were done for the night I was so tired, but we were married! Then off to Cancun for a week! On our first night there we went out for dinner at this reall nice seafood restaurant (we didn't realize how nice until we looked at the menu). We started talking to another couple that was from Lansing Michigan (not far from us in comparison to Mexico), they were there for thier anniversary. They were so incredibly sweet and we found out that they were staying at a sister hotel to the one we were staying at. Eventually they left and we finished dinner/drinks. The waiter brought us some extra drinks and dessert because he heard us say we were on our honeymoon, so nice of him! We waited and waited for our bill and finally asked for it, turns out the couple that we chatted with earlier had paid for it! How sweet was that? We were shocked and in awe the whole week! It was NOT a cheap dinner by any means (probably close to $100), and they covered it all and didn't expect anything in return. I wish I knew thier names or had been able to find them, just at least to say Thank You. It was the sweetest random act of kindness I've ever experienced!

So anyway, Matt and I went for dinner tonight to Boatwerks. We had an incredible dinner and an even better dessert...S'more sundae, it had 2 brownies with graham cracker topping, two scoops of ice cream (chocolate and vanilla) and was topped off with the HUGEST homemade toasted marshmallow! So yummy! He also brought home a dozen beautiful roses for me!

On the mommy side of my life I've been very frustrated, am I a terrible mom? I love my kids dearly, so much, but I get so frustrated with them. Especially Elliot, he is extremely attached right now, if he sees me he wants me! I can't leave him in one room while I walk into another, he will FREAK out! I can get nothing done. And when he goes down for a nap I still get nothing done because I just need to sit and enjoy the quiet! I love him so so so much, but just don't know how to handle him right now! Prayer is the only thing that I can think of right now. If you have other suggestions, please enlighten me!

I have to work tomorow and at night the kids have a family activity at church so that will be fun (as long as Elliot doesn't cry the whole time)! Enjoy your day!

4 comments:

Mary said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!
So glad that you were able to enjoy your anniversary dinner. It feels so good to get out alone and then especially for a special occasion. It is so hard to believe that it has been 8 years. WOW.....

Amanda said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Love anniversaries!!!

As far as parenting goes - DO NOT beat yourself up - as you all know we all have those days! I have them daily! I get so frustrated with both my girls - both are for different reasons. Selah cries it seems like insessently, and Braelyn is just a 3 yr. old brat! Sounds mean to say that, but honest truth - I struggle daily too! Keep your chin up and what helps me is to go in at night while they are sleeping before I head for bed and look at them sleeping - nothing makes you fall in love all over again quicker than that!

Have a good night!

S Huiz said...

Glad you had a nice dinner- that dessert sounds awesome- we LOVE Boatwerks. I'd love to see the pictures from your wedding day if you ever get the gumption to scan them. Have fun at church tonight.

Nina_VK said...

YAY!! Happy Anniversary!! I'm so glad you had a wonderful time!!

You are SO not a horrible Mom. Every mom feel that way every once in a while.