April 19, 2008

A little story for you...

6 things to be thankful for...
1. Tempered Glass
2. the reflex we have to close our eyes when we are about to be hit by something
3. A backseat to ride in when the front seat is covered by slivers of glass
4. a second vehicle
5. the fact that we can laugh about it
6. thankful we hit a turkey and not a dear or something else larger

So, did you catch the idea of that story...
on our way home from gr we got hit by (notice I didn't say that we hit, but got hit by) a STUPID turkey! Right in front of my face, in the windshield. Point of impact was very low on the windshield, but the whole thing is shattered, thankfully it's tempered so it's mostly still in place, but there are little pieces/slivers of glass EVERYWHERE! I was COVERED, the seat is covered, my shoes were covered (sandels no less, which means I think there are pieces in my feet), my arms were cut a little, just itty bitty little cuts, but thankfully it wasn't my face or eyes, I didn't even try my pop b/c I'm sure that was full of glass. Luckily we can laugh about it (quite hard really, and quite a bit too), I mean honestly we were due again, it's been a whole 2-3 months since our last car incident adn we tend to be qutie frequent with "incidents".

7 comments:

Amanda said...

that is crazy!!!

Missy said...

WOW! That's crazy, thank goodness you are ok. I am sure that once it was over laughing about that situation wouldn't be too hard! I don't think I would have ever though to worry about hitting a turkey!

Freriks Family said...

I am glad that you are okay! Sounds like a close one!

S Huiz said...

I couldn't believe how much damage a darn turkey did to your windshield- left behind his feathers for you and all as a nice little remembrance! Glad you are okay- could have been worse. Thanks for having Cobe over today!!!!

Unknown said...

That's so crazy! Sorry I didn't get a chance to hear this story directly from you this morning...it was a little crazy at church today! I definitely want to hear whole story sometime!

Jennifer said...

Yuck. I'm glad that you are okay! When you get the glass repaired will they clean up all the glass slivers for you? That is such a pain! I hope there are no more car incidences for you in the near future!

Mary said...

I am sure that Elliot had a comment to make about this little incident "oh oh daddy" or something cute. I didn't know this happened. I am thankful that you are all ok....