April 12, 2008

Ahhhhhhhhhh...

the house is perfectly clean! So if you were thinking you wanted to come visit tonight would be the time to do it, I may even let you in the house, and if you wanted a full tour you may even get that. I've NEVER let anyone in my bedroom b/c it is always soooo trashed, but it's completely clean. The walls are all wiped down (which if you remember I have a boxer... he drools, so washing the walls is very necesary and very hard work), the dressers are dusted, the bed is made, the floor is clean, the closets are both clean, the clothes are all put away, it's so nice and I really want to keep it that way, it's a much better example for the kids too!

The people that went through our house that wanted to rent I think are actually going to be renting, we need to get them a contract and possibly an application, not sure we will go through all that, unless someone wants to tell me that I have to... we know nothing about renting so i dont know the rules. It's a perfect situation b/c they don't need to be in until mid July to August, which is when we kind of think we could be out! They were super nice and were very honest about financial stuff. They were super excited about how much storage was in the bathroom which kind of makes me laugh b/c we dont think there is enough, but I guess it depends what they are coming from. So, if you have any tips for renting, contracts, applications, please let me know!

And another request... do you have any great websites/resources for decorating? I've been scouring trying to find what I like. I don't have a specific style that I like, which is kind of frustrating to both myself and Matt, I have an idea what I want, but I don't want to get sick of it in a few months either, like I did in this house. Right now our house is pretty dark colors, besides our bedroom at least, and I'm kind of sick of dark colors, but that could be b/c I'm sick of winter and just want bright stuff right now. In fact, the colors I"m looking at right now are bright mostly. Matt is a little put off by my current ideas, but he will do whatever I want, within reason (so he can say "I told you so" later I'm sure... :), just kidding).

It can quit raining ANY DAY NOW! I'm soooo incrediby ready for some sunshine. it looks like it may happen next week at least, but wow, it can't come quick enough that's for sure!

Church tomorow, then I was supposed to take some pictures of Matt and Gabrielle in the afternoon but I think the weather will prevent that from happening, although I'm not complety sure yet what they are thinking b/c I haven't heard from Gabbie... *hint*hint*hint* - we'll probably end up sitting here messing up the house! Oh Joy!

Oh... and I forgot to tell you this big news! Guess who peed on the potty today?!?! Just random I know... b/c then he finished on the floor,b ut he did it and we were all there to offer positive reinforcement with cheers... all of us! And he didn't so much pee IN the potty as it was on my hand b/c I was trying to point it in (those with girls, be so thankful that you don't have to try to aim that thing for them...)! But he thinks he peed on the potty! Big stuff! Don't get me wrong, I'm not disillusioned at all, I know that he is at least a year or more out, but it's a start adn it was exciting for him! (Oh, I never told you it was E, just in case you were confused!)

1 comment:

S Huiz said...

Shoot! We were right by your house tonight- we should have stopped and I could have finally seen your bedroom! :-) Maybe tomorrow afternoon I can stop by and help you trash the house! Did you try an on-line search for rental apps and contracts? Or ask your realtor for one. I can ask my builder for one too if you want- he rents out his houses when they don't sell right away. Can't help you with the decorative stuff- my only advice is that an interior decorator is well worth the money. She has helped us tremendously. Go through this year's Parade of Homes- that helped me as well get ideas of what I did just as much as what I didn't like. There is my 2 cents. I'm so tired I can hardly see straight so I hope this made sense!