April 14, 2008

I really wish..

that I had a gift for writing to inspire others, but alas, I do not, therefore I find much inspiration in reading others writing and just dreaming that I could write like that. There are some people that are so eloquent when it comes to words. Using words I've never heard of or would just never use... sometimes just in speaking, other times in writing. (Side note: Have you seen the new "Go" phone commercial... catchy I tell ya!... ok, diversion over)

I just saw this on the Nitty.Gritty. blog and wanted to share it with you... (this is a copy and past directly from her blog, no portion of this is mine, just so there is no confusion)
"The perspective needed to guide and shape my parenting is this-

When I begin to see the day to day as a delight, rather than drudgery...
When serving my children is seen as a privilege, rather than a chore...
Knowing that my actions are slowly and through repetition shaping them for the rest of their lives...
Then it [parenting] becomes a task of enormous and lasting consequence.
It becomes a 'higher calling' and the reality sinks in that
giving it my all, demanding my best and expressing love in ALL that I do, is the least I can offer to those who mean the most to me."


I, too, often find the job that I've been given to be a chore, a sometimes dreadful chore, now keep in mind that I DO NOT find my children to be dreadful at all, just sometimes the endless task of caring for thier daily needs. Making dinner, cleaning up thier messes, cleaning and folding thier laundry, buying the necesities for school and sports, changing diapers... you know what I mean. I find great joy in all of thier accomplishments and successes though, I find great joy in seeing thier smiling faces, making them giggle, I find great joy in being needed by them, when it's not over the top at least. I DO find great joy in being a mom, in being blessed by God with these great little children. It is an amazing gift, that is for sure! But sometimes I'm not sure that I can handle the little tasks that seem so big. I know that I will prevail if I just have the right perspective.

OK, so that's not why I came here... I really just wanted to update you (as if you really care though) on the sale of my grandpas house... we got the FHA requirements today, they wanted the house scraped and repainted (which was no suprise at all) and the hot water pressure fixed in the bathroom sink and the light in the laundry "room" repaired! So with some luck the bank can rewrite the loan for the way the buyer wants so that we only end up paying an extra $300 and the buyer will pay to have the house resided (doing all the work themselves), plus we pay to fix the water pressure and the light (which may end up being just a light bulb...). Works out pretty good if you ask me!

Oh, and "Project 365" is still on, I'm just WAY intimidated by the daunting task of getting caught up right now, but I WILL prevail, I promise!

2 comments:

S Huiz said...

I have been checking Project 365 and wondering what happened to you posting your awesome, talented pictures, so I hope to see a slew of them in the near future. :-) And as far as your writing, you never know who else you inspire- your words are very eloquent and inspiring to me a lot of the time. :-)

Beck said...

Ditto s huiz on the writing. :)

I've checked out nitty.gritty from time to time, and wow, she's got a way. Nice c&p... I'm right there with you as the demands on me have gotten steeper from Judah (physical needs) and Eden (every possible need imaginable.)

Can't wait to see the pics on 365!