January 2, 2008

Happy 2008

Did you all have a good new years? Ours was good, EJ & her boys ended up coming over to celebrate with us. We (I) ate way to much between dinner & appetizers/dessert, we played Pictionary, Apples to Apples, Wii, the kids watched a movie and then we watched the ball drop (exciting as usual), then it was off to bed! So really, not anything big, just low key, just like I like it!

Denver had to wear a tie for Bailey... he has a little crush!

Matt & I were going to go to St Joe on New Years day to prepare for painting at my grandpas but there was a winter storm warning all teh way south of us, so we stayed home. We'll probably go this weekend (did you see the weather yet... 50 degrees). But, after staying home all day, and E being so rough and whiney we NEEDED to get out of the house. Lucky for us Matt's mom could watch the kids (not sure how excited she was about it), so off we went to Grandville to do some returns/exchanges, grab dinner at Fridays and then Target to make a return. By the time we headed home the roads were terrible, it was snowing so hard, but it was so worth getting out of the house! Thanks Marilyn, you don't know how much that helped!

So, as I"m typing this I'm watching Super Nanny the second one of the evening. Anyone else watchign this one? It's terrible. These 17 & 14 year old girls are in charge of EVERYTHING while thier parents go off to work, including three younger brothers (who seem to scream a ton). Thier chores fully outweigh thier parents chores, at least 3 times. Then when the mom is home and one of the kids is throwing a fit, she (the mom) gives up, throws in the towel, so guess who ends up taking care of the boys again... so sad, definately a tear jerker!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh my goodness. I was watching Super Nanny also. I was so annoyed with that lazy mother. Come on. You don't have three boys and put your teenage daughters in charge so you can escape. I have two boys and I feel tired and don't know what to do with them. What in the world is a teenage girl supposed to do? The older teenager looked so tired, depressed and sad! I think the Mom is probably depressed with the antics of all those boys and wanted to escape and did it the easy way. It's easier for me to leave for work then it is too stay at home!

S Huiz said...

Wow- I get sick and look what happens- you post twice before I can even get the energy to check!