January 23, 2008

Relief

You just never value your health until you are not healthy and I tell you... today I am so thankful for health. I have had a headache for the past two days. Not a migraine, although almost as bad. I think it was soemthing to do with sinuses because I now have a soar throught, swollen glands and other cold symptoms, but all of that is minimal w/o a headache.

Last night I was sleeping by 8:15 and slept til 6 this morning, and this is the third night of going to bed early for me, I have gotten more sleep in the past three nights than I do in a normal week, but obviously I needed it!

We had the BEST dinner last night... I picked this sauce up at Meijers yesterday, not exactly sure what it was, but it sounded good. I sauteed chicken and then heated with sauce and made brown rice & steamed broccoli to go with it. Bailey ate TWO full helpings... which is a TON for her, both kids were raving about it and E ate a ton of the chicken & Broccoli, even thought the sauce had just a hint of spice to it! He loved it, we all loved it! And I have to think it was healthy, or at least a little healthy, no cream, no cheese and it was still good, imagine that! I also picked up to use on Salmon sometime soon! (Maybe tonight!) Although if I remember right orange sauce is spicier so I may have to have other options for the kids!

2 comments:

S Huiz said...

Look at you- I thought you meant you had carry out last night! That first sauce does look good- I found out that no one in my family likes orange sauce the other night, except for me. I'll have to try the first one.

Nina_VK said...

OH yum!!! I wish dino liked ANY kind of chinese/asian flavors 'cause that sounds sooooo good!!!! Maybe when he leaves on another business trip I'll make it for me and the girls!! Thanks for the tip!