January 30, 2008

Snow days & Cranberry Apple Muffins...

Yippeeeeee! We have a snow day! Wasn't the weather crazy last night? I walked over to a neighbors for a minute and it was just raining out... 20 minutes later the ground was covered with snow! Only in Michigan right? Now there is ice and snow on the ground, although in parts of the yard you can still see grass b/c it's drifting so bad! My jeep is covered though, which is fine b/c I think we will stay in at least most of the day if not all of it! (Although I think I have a little cabin fever already... safety first though)

Right now I have in the oven some of my fav muffins EVER!!!!! I got this recipe off of All Recipes dot com and have included my revisions in the recipe here...
INGREDIENTS
2 cups shredded peeled apples (I use about 3 apples, whatever that measures out to be is what we get!)
1 1/3 cups sugar (or splenda)
1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
1 cup shredded carrots
handful white chocolate chips
1 cup chopped nuts
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 nutmeg

DIRECTIONS
In a bowl, combine apples and sugar; let stand for 10 minutes. Add cranberries,w choc chips carrots, nuts, eggs and oil; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg if desired and salt; stir into apple mixture just until moistened. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
Bake at 375 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.

I hope you enjoy them as much as we do! And boy do we! Three times in one week!!!!

2 comments:

Mary said...

yummy, bring some over and I will share some of mine with you!!!!

S Huiz said...

Do you get fresh cranberries at this time, or do you use frozen? Those do sound yummy- I don't have the ingredients on hand though for those. I'll have to stick to my fattening cookies and cupcakes!!!! And try to resist them!!!