January 15, 2008

Check your local paper...

in the next few days I may have listed something (or someone) for sale! I think he is getting sick again poor guy and I can't handle it! He and the boy I babysit were fighting like CRAZY today, pushing each other off the steps, pounding each other on the head, cheerio fights, stealing toys, you name it they did it! Hopeing for a better day tomorow, I'm exhausted from this day!

Probably exhausted because I made a pretty hands on meal tonight too! I have to share the soup recipe... it does include Leeks, but seriously don't be scared of those... they are just big green onions! The recipe can be found here! Seriously try it! Oh, and you can't leave the apples out, I thought about it but am so glad that I added them! I also tried to make some bread too. Like using yeast bread, not the bread machine. Not my talent, that's for sure. They didn't taste bad, but they never rose so they were really HEAVY! I won't even share that recipe, but if you have some sort of secret to get bread to rise I would be THRILLED to hear it!

5 comments:

S Huiz said...

I may buy him actually- great entertainment for my kids. How much you asking? I am sure he is worth every penny! :-) We are just going to take Sadie with us in the morning- long story, but Ryan has court and Brooks has a fieldtrip at a gymnastics place, so we are either going to postpone our meeting again, or cut it really short because Ryan will have to leave for court, and I have to pick up Brooks at the gymnastics place much early than his normal preschool hours. Soooooo, it would probably be easier to just keep S with us. Just thinking about it makes me think we may just reschedule anyway. Agh! Thanks though. Hope your day tomorrow is MUCH better and that there are no cheerio fights! :-)

S Huiz said...

PS- I am missing your picture a day from yesterday and today- you better get on that! And that soup sounds HARD to make, but delicious!

Amanda said...

I won't even attempt the soup or bread - I just give you a lot of credit for trying it!!! Hope your day tomorrow is better - I like your clever first couple sentances!

S Huiz said...

I can't leave a comment on today's post????? But I did want to say... you always amaze me with how much you do accomplish. I always envy you because you NEVER seem overwhelmed to me and you always attempt and accomplish big projects. You WILL be good at this new venture- I know you will. I will help you too! :-)

S Huiz said...

For some reason I can't comment on today's entry, but I did want to say... you will be awesome at this new venture. I envy how much you do accomplish and how many new things you try. You inspire me! You will be great- I will help you! :-)