January 19, 2008

This CRAZY BUSY life...

So yesterday was a crazy busy day with the kids home from school, at one point we had 10 people in my house (which isn't worthy of 10 people). It was a good day though! Fun times catching up with friends.

Matt & I were supposed to go for dinner and to the RV show in Grand Rapids but unfortuantly didn't even make it to Grand Rapids b/c of terrible road conditions. We did have dinner at Olive Garden which was yummy (and oh so fattening). But then decided not to go on. Oh well, we won't buy a new camper anyway so not exactly sure why we were going in the first place.

Today was basketball & soccer games. I was able to make it to both luckily. I feel so guilty missing a game or choosing one over the other. They both seemed happy with the arrangement though! Next week we will be able to do both, one at 9:45 and then one at noon. Not great timing for the noon game, but we'll make it!

Tonight we watched D & Ange and the boys & I went over to wish Cobe a happy birthday. Sarah & I chatted for a bit while the boys were CRAZY wild. Good to get out of the house althoguh the roads were TERRIBLE and I probably should have just stayed home. I almost got hit on the way home crossing the highway, but I didn't, God is good!

Elliot was up again at 6:20 this morning... and 6:00 Friday morning. What's up with all that? We've always been lucky to have him sleep in but something is up now and I DO NOT enjoy it! I was supposed to be able to sleep in a bit this morning, so Matt got up with him but he cried and screamed adn I could hear him all the way upstairs so the sleeping part didn't happen.

Church in the morning then Matt is making breakfast for lunch (another grea food day Sarah). Then we don't have any plans. We discussed going to either Grand Rapids for the RV show or St Joe to clean... not sure either one will happen though! Stay safe in this wonderful weather!

2 comments:

S Huiz said...

Praise God that you didn't get in an accident on the way home. The roads don't look so great today either. So be careful if you go to the RV show or to St. Joe. Thanks for messing with those pictures. I went to bed early last night, so I wasn't at my usual email post to receive them all until this morning.
Yum- breakfast for lunch!
Thanks for the birthday surprise!

Nina_VK said...

WOW, crazy busy is right! Bummer that Elliot is getting up so early. Ugh...I would be a wreck! Enjoy your week, hopefully you all are staying safe and warm. Its Ffreezing!