July 6, 2008

Cosmopolitain

Well, we are on vacation. The mosquitos are "Lovely" to say the least (if you can't say soemthing nice don't say anything at all, right)!

We didn't do fireworks (besides the ones we set off and they were all legal, so not so much fun) on Friday night, so we promised the kids we would go out on the boat to watch the fireworks that they set off on Hamlin lake on Saturday night(Last night). All went well, we made it out there, watched the fireworks (after a long wait). Elliot stayed awake until we started the boat to head back. (Which is also when the trouble started)! There were HUNDREDS of boats in this little area, all needing to get out of this little area. Remember the I already have an irrational terrible fear of water/boats etc. I'm just not a big fan of rocking the boat, big or small waves, other boats and being in the dark in a boat. It is very hard to see on the water and some people are just STUPID! I tried very hard not to look at the HUGE waves as we were trying our best to get home, I tried very hard not to look around me at all the boats speeding by. I tried very hard not to remember that we had just had our rear light burn out, making us even harder to see from behind! Elliot was fast asleep in my arms, Bailey and her friend were fast asleep in the seat next to me, Landon was falling asleep in the passenger seat and Matt was very focused on the water! I tried looking up and was instantly calmed (a little at least, b/c I couldn't really fully give myself over to calmness) when I saw the amazing amount of stars in the sky! It was absolutely BEAUTIFUL! GORGEOUS! I think that God did that for me so I would calm down a little! The only reason I wasn't crying hysterically (and hence the title of my post) was becasue on the way out to watch the fireworks I had a giant cosmopolitain! Nothing like liquor to calm your nerves, right?

On another note... I rarely drink, but in the past few days I've had a few drinks (like 4 in 4 days). When my kids ask if they can have a sip (of what looks like juice to them) I say that it's not something for kids, it has alcohol in it. Well, now I think my kids think I'm an alcoholic. Yesterday Bailey said, "What are you drinking". It's my drink, you can't have any, it's called a Cosmopolitain. Her response was "You always say that, you are always drinking stuff I can't have"! Nice! Truly, it's quite humerous, b/c I'm SOOOOOO far from being an alcoholic! Soooo very very far!

The guys just got back from thier first unsuccesful fishing trip! (Of many I'm sure!) And here I sit with my laptop, very minimal internet access and my starbucks (Which I was SOOO pleased to find that they had finally built one up here!)

Beautiful day expected, off to change into some shorts!

3 comments:

Beck said...

4 in 4 days? Why Lynette, you lush. :) I'm the same way... rarely drink, but when it sounds good, it sounds GOOD! Eden yesterday referred to a beer as "Daddy Juice." Hah!

Hope you're enjoying vacation... looking forward to seeing you online more. :)

Mary said...

Well the kids have seen me with a drink in my hands quite a bit the past few days! Oh well! FYI got your mail and your door was unlocked, but it is now. We will see you tomorrow night! Enjoy yourselves!

S Huiz said...

Yum, yum, cosmopolitans!!! I can feel your fear and identify with it- boats in the dark are not my idea of fun. Hope you had a great day today and hope to see you tomorrow night. Call me on your way home.