July 26, 2008

the big S-E-V-E-N

We had a great day celebrating Bailey's 7th birthday!

We started at DeBoer for breakfast (they have a great breakfast buffet on Saturday mornings) with my parents and sister Sarah.

After breakfast we stopped at the house quick to see Matt and then Landon, Bailey, Elliot and I headed to Crazy Bounce for an hour! The kids had a blast but did not walk away unharmed. I think it's nearly impossible not to get burns on your arms when you are there in the summer with short sleeves. Poor Bailey was in pain tonight b/c of hers. They look so little and minor, but I know from past experience that they hurt... A LOT!

After Crazy Bounce we had a quiet afternoon while E napped. Bailey and I watched part of "Babysitters Club" and "Parent Trap" on ABC Family. When Elliot woke up Bailey and I went to Don's to get a new Webkinz for her (she picked the Toucan), then we went and picked up Landon from Dimitri's house and then headed to Grandville to shop. Bailey didn't want presents for her birthday, but wanted to go shopping instead. Good enough for me! :) We took her for dinner, she chose Chili's because it was in the mall and we wouldn't have to drive anywhere else (her words). Unfortunately we didn't know that Chili's closed last Sunday, so we went to Fridays instead. Her and I split Jack Daniels Chicken and fries (ahhhhh, a girl with similar tastes to me). After that we SHOPPED! We tried Limited Too, but it's so expensive that we just got a necklace and earings there and then we were off to Gap, only slightly cheaper, but we did find some stuff. She walked out with lot's of blue and green and a pair of shoes that she found for $4 (her Grandma Bell would be SOOO proud!). She had also seen a pair of shoes at Target that she wanted so we went there next. We had seen the shoes in Holland, but decided to wait til her birthday. I didn't know if the Jenison store would have them, but we thought we would try it. We did find them there (and I found a cheap cute yellow converse pair for myself too). The shoes in Holland were $11 and in Jenison (a day later) were only $4. Sweet... another deal! The toy selection in Jenison was pitiful to say the least, so she is going to spend her gift certificate from Aunt Sarah in Holland instead. Hopefully we can make it there tomorow!

OK, I've rambled. But to sum it all up we had a great birthday today, I love my little girl, as big as she get's she will always be my LITTLE girl!

5 comments:

Missy said...

Happy Birthday Bailey! Sounds like you had a great day, definitely my idea of a perfect birthday! Food, shopping, what more can you ask for? I LOVE the pic of the 4 of you, so sweet!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Bailey! We have a little treat for you!

Nora said...

Love the picture of the four of you. Tell Bailey Happy Birthday from all of us! Sounds like she had a busy birthday and I am sure she enjoyed it all.

Mary said...

Happy Birthday Bailey! I am so glad that you had a perfect Birthday and that we got to be a part of it. We all love you very much!

Brink Boys said...

Love the pic of the four of you...