June 4, 2010

Things are looking up

Today started off great, I was feeling much better when I woke up, I got to meet and visit with a new friend this morning, I had some energy to pick up the house a little, it was great! 

Lila on the other hand... woke up for the morning around 10am, not completely abnormal for her, but definately a little later than the usual.  She was back down for a nap by 11:30 and then I woke her up from her nap at 4pm so that we could head to the doctor.  She's been sleepling like this for a while and normally she will then go on to take an evening nap before heading to bed at 8:30.  I just wanted to have her checked out, I had heard a little wheezing yesterday and didn't want to go throughout the weekend like this. 

Luckily I got a nap this afternoon because it was a long evening.  We got to the doctor and they ended up doing a breathing treatment which made her sound a lot better, but still wanted to do some lab work and x-ray to check for pneumonia, so after the doctor we headed to the all to familiar hospital to have her poor arm poked (which she handled remarkably well) and her chest x-ray, we finally left the hospital at 6:30 and headed to Landon's baseball game and wait.  Wait for results. 

Thankfully Sarah took two of the younger kids for me while I was doing all of this, I can't imagine how much I would have been sweating if I had extra kids along, yikes.  Around 8:00 we got a phone call that all was well with the blood work and the x-ray and to just continue the breathing treatments at home for a few days (praise the Lord).  That should be fun, since she loves the treatments so much (much sarcasm intended).

I had been tossing around the idea of attending the relay for life survivor walk adn missing part of Landon's game prior to all of this doctor stuff, but that obviously wasn't meant to be, but I was definately thinking of all of my new and old friends that walked that lap, and those that weren't able to call themselves survivors.  Maybe next year. 

Happy Birthday to my sister-in-law Gabrielle today and my nephew Parker tomorrow!  I'm going to finish watching Whale Wars and then off to bed I go, it's been a long afternoon/evening/day!  Enjoy your weekend!

Oh yeah, and hair loss.  I STILL have not lost my hair (on my head), although I'm done shaving my legs (which cuts WAY down on shower time), if I don't loose my hair soon I might get really really upset, I cut it early I know, but good grief, it was supposed to fall out at 14 days not hold out for 17+ days...


Laurie said...

Wow... summer time and you don't have to shave your legs? Praise God for small gifts at a time like this! ;) We were so happy to read that Lila is okay. Please call whenever Landon needs to get out and play!

MandaKay said...

So glad to hear that you are feeling ok - I am sure not super, and I am sure sometimes it might be worse than you let off - you are amazing and Praise God for minimal side effects! Also thankful that Lila does not have pneumonia! That's crazy that your hair has not yet started falling out! great! I have been wanting to see you with the cute wig/wigs you got though!