June 14, 2010
It's a process
No, onto the process. My hair is COMPLETELY gone.
The steps of the process were this...
1) cut off enough for locks of love
2) cut and shave the rest
3) pull pieces out and notice spots of baldness
4) try combing it out (didn't work)
5) try washing it out (didn't work)
6) try clipping it out (didn't work, but did make it shorter)
7) press pieces of duct tape onto my head and pull them off, along with lot's of hair (Sarah & Amy were right on the uses of my duct tape, quite creative if you ask me)
8) this morning I took a razor to it (don't need it for my legs anymore, might as well get some use out of it)
9) I'm completely bald now! FINALLY!
Many of you have figured out that today is also my birthday. I don't like birthdays, actually they depress me a little. I used to like them when I was a kid, but now they loose thier appeal. Not because I'm a year older, ultimately that doesn't matter to me, but just because they are boring now. No more balloons and streamers and cake. Just another day. I took the date off my facebook page thinking it would go unnoticed, but it didn't. I appreciate all the birthday wishes despite my trying to hide it! Matt and I are going to be able to go out tonight for dinner (thinking Little Mexico maybe), something that we just have not have a chance to do in a very very very long time!
Chemo number 3 tomorrow, only 13 left after tomorrow. I feel like I have a handle on what is going on now and don't feel like things are so unexpected anymore. I know that on Thursday I probably will be very tired and not feel great, but other than that it's just being tired, but not to bad!
When He formed me in my mothers womb God knew that this would be a path in my life, he knows what my tomorrow brings and he knows what my next year brings, I'm trusting in him, knowing that His way is the best way!
at 3:24 PM