June 28, 2010

Good times

The last few days have been PACKED with goodness!  Seriously PACKED! 

But first, the not so good part.  Saturday morning Landon's team lost their last baseball game.  The season is done for us now, which while it frees up a bit of time, I will miss some of the games!  I'm sure Lila, Elliot and Bailey are ok with being done!

After baseball we headed up north to visit a childhood friend.  Her mom was also my mom's best friend.  I haven't seen them since my wedding 11 years ago.  It was well worth the long drive to be able to visit with them again, the kids did great driving there and back and had a GREAT time while we were there, which was evident by the amount of dirt that we had to clean off of them!  :)

Sunday morning we had our last day of VBS at church.  It's always fun to see ALL the kids in the front of church worshiping God!  This year they registered 460+ kids, the kids brought in an insane number of pounds of coins and the adults were able to raise more than the kids, which meant that Dann got a pie in the face!  A big thank you to Dann and all the members and visitors at Community on Sunday.  The proceeds from the donations will be put toward our medical bills, we are so humbled by everyone's generosity.  I can't even explain how grateful we are (have I said that before???  I feel like a broken record, but that does not mean that it's not true)

Sunday evening I got to spend some great time with great girlfriends.  My friend EJ is here from Vermont for the first time in far to long!  We enjoyed dinner together and then hung out in my freezing cold basement.  I will have to share a picture once I get it downloaded from EJ's camera.  EJ bravely spent the night in that freezing cold basement (and survived) and this morning we were able to go window shopping downtown Holland with the kids and spend some time together this afternoon!  It has been so great having her back in town, now if only we could keep her here! 

Tonight I went back to work for the first time in like 7 weeks.  It was great to be back, I didn't realize how much I missed it! 

And tomorrow... chemo again, I'm actually going by myself though, so if you want to stop by and visit, feel free.  If you want details on location or time please message me before 10:00 tomorrow morning and I will try to respond, otherwise call my cell phone (sorry, not posting that info here)  Not much more to say about that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SO glad you got to spend time with EJ! Also, Landon requested pop as his bday gift, so Toby is bringing 3 2-liters...just wanted you to know so you don't have to get as much stuff for Wednesday. HAPPY B-DAY Landon! :)