June 14, 2008

The Storm...

The storm did NOT miss us, in fact we sat in the bathroom showers for 2 hours during the tornado warnings and then I spent the rest of the night awake listening to the camper vibrate and tremble! It was seriously the WORST storm of my entire life, I coudl hear the thunder just ROLLING across the lake and the lightening DID NOT stop! It was constantly light! But we survived! Our campsite is dry which is much more than I can say for the remainder of the campground, most or at least half of the lots are FLOODED! Like feet of water!

But we are safe and all is well, the camper was not damaged at all (good thing cuz it's not ours), and we are dry! And now we get to enjoy sunshine! Pics tomorow when I get home!

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm glad you're safe and a Very Happy Birthday to you! Welcome to your 30's where many of us have been hanging out for too long! I take it you're at William Mitchell? We have reservations in August and always go there for a week during the summer. The kids love it. Me? Not so much. I am not a fan of dirt!

Jennifer said...

I'm glad you're safe and a Very Happy Birthday to you! Welcome to your 30's where many of us have been hanging out for too long! I take it you're at William Mitchell? We have reservations in August and always go there for a week during the summer. The kids love it. Me? Not so much. I am not a fan of dirt!

Amanda said...

Happy birthday Lynette - you stinker you - trying to hide it. Glad you made it thru the storm.

Mary said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! #30! I'M GLAD THAT YOU'RE HAVING A GOOD TIME WITH THE KIDS AND MATT CAMPING. LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU TOMORROW NIGHT!

S Huiz said...

So glad you safely made it through it. I know I would have been freaking out right along with my kids.

Missy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LYNETTE!!!! Glad you weathered the storm ok, but what a bummer. I don't think that was a very nice present at all!

Beck said...

Ugh! Storms and camping are not good bedfellows. (Hah! I embrace dorkiness...) And apparently HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope it was filled with sweet stuff.