June 22, 2008

Poor me...

not really, I'm just feeling a bit sorry for myself right now. I just figured it out and I've seen Matt for about 9 hours this week (That's Monday thru Sunday) and that's being generous and includes the passing hi/bye things! He's gone again right now, so once again it's another day without him! Yup, we did sign up for this and it normally isn't that bad, it just starts to wear on you day after day, as I'm sure working 18 hour days wears on him too!

Good news... I think I've decided on some paint colors, I should post a picture of the three greens that are on my wall right now for a little extra input though, although I'm not sure that is ever good either, sometimes to much is a bad thing! I keep seeing this green/white/black combo on clothing that I want to reproduce in my living room, but I CAN NOT find the right green. I don't want a "predictable" green and I don't want old style green, no sage or forest here. We are doing tan & orange in the dining room, tan and blue in the family room, ocean blue in the bathrooms, yellow, green, red or orange in our bedroom, brown & turquoise in E's room, BRIGHT yellow in the office, black trim throughout, we ordered DARK cabinets, I'm thinking charcoal countertop, stainless appliances and very light wood floor (laminate), although I have yet to find a floor that I like the color of... so many choices, I wish someone would narrow them down to like 3 option, "Here, you HAVE to pick one of these". but that will NEVER happen, and even if it did I'm sure they would all be out of our price range!


Today was the finale for VBS at our church. The kids all had a great time, but it definately wears a person out, that's for sure! Landon was to old to attend this year, but he helped out with games, after baseball practice 3 nights this week. Thanks to Grandma Bell for picking him up from practice and getting him to church each night! Were not going to know what to do with ourselves this week w/o so much going on... oh, yeah, we have a LOT going on still. It will never stop and in some ways that's ok, I can't imagine sitting home every night while Matt is gone either!

I picked up a bedding set for Bailey at the Linens & Things in Grandville yesterday, they are going out of business, thier sales aren't that great yet though, thier sale must have just started. I've been on the hunt for my own set, but have yet to find SOMETHING I like. I want bright not dark. The only one I like so far is in a Pottery Barn Catalog... adn it's NOT on Sale so I'm on the hunt for something cheaper. I checked TJ Maxx last night and came out almsot empty handed, just a few odds & ends.

OK, off to attend to my hungry children! Fun Times! We need groceries!

4 comments:

Beck said...

Decisions, decisions! I'm like you... I hate all the choices and it tends to take me a really long time.. I'm terrible to shop with and usually go on my own. :)

Sorry you're missing your hubby. Is there an end in sight? Hopefully you can get some good quality time soon.

Greens are tricky, I've learned. My mom still does design work and has told me it's one of the trickier colors to use as it has SO many variations and can change so quickly with the lighting in a room. Hope you find just what you're looking for!

Mary said...

You do have alot of decisions to make...I still love the green color way to the left. I know its predictable, but its a sharp color. If you need me for the kids at all this week let me know, I'm around. Is your move date still the first week of August?

Missy said...

Oh you poor girl, I feel your pain. It isn't easy having your husband gone for long periods of time like this. Just focus on the end result and hopefully it will go fast. Just and idea, check ebay for the bedding you like from PB. I did that and got Kendall's entire room, rug, curtains, bedding, wall decor all current line and under $250 total for everything!

S Huiz said...

You know the end result will be well worth the time apart! Think how much time you'll get to spend in your NEW HOUSE together once it is finally done! Absence makes the heart grow fonder! :-)

Huge fan of grass green right now. My friend here did that with navy blue in her son's nursery- great colors! I did a green in Brooks' new room too, but I can't for the life of me remember what shade it is. Can't wait to see for myself when I get home.