June 4, 2008

Heat wave coming?

Tomorow is supposed to be HOT! HOT HOT HOT! Finally, I think I'm ready for that, but I may be singing a different song tomorow!

Today was my last day babysitting, kind of bittersweet. I will definately miss C, we have really come to think of him as a part of our family (I don't think I could have twins though, it's a lot of work to have two so close in age). Elliot LOVES him just like he loves a brother, best friends one minute, worst enemies the next. E will definately miss his buddy! Landon loves to play with him too, he couldn't wait to get home from school to see him. Bailey is indifferent, but I know she loves him too! Matt even knows him quite well and has become quite fond of him! I will surely miss having the little guy around, probably more so when the older kids are gone to school this fall again, for E's sake, but I love C too! We do plan to have him over a few times this summer yet, his mom is having a baby SOON so she will need a few breaks!

To celebrate the last day I was hoping to get the pool out and have a party or go to the park at least, but we ended up at McDonalds b/c of the terrible weather! It was so yuck out all day! The boys LOVED it though, they loved to go down that slide, and I just dont think about all the germs that are in that thing. Matt met us there and then took Landon to a party afterwards, we hung out a bit longer, then it was naptime for the boys!

Tonight and last night I have been going to the house to peel wallpaper. There wasn't a ton left to do b/c Matts mom and Rose pulled most of it down for us, but there was some backer in the bathroom that had to come down and a gorgeous border in the bedroom. We debated keeping the border up for ourselves but didn't think the mauve would go that well with our color scheme! (Please read that last sentance with a LOT of sarcasm). I took landon and Bailey with me tonight and had B clean up wallpaper off the floor and Landon pick up shingles in the yard... they were both in tears at one point, good grief, you would have thought I had asked them to scrub the floors with a toothbrush or something. Lazy children!

So the house... I woudld love to post pictures but I've been forbidden to for various reasons. The water is finally on, and it was quite attractive for the first few minutes, let me tell you! DISGUSTING! Matt is doing some work in the basement, Bailey is excited about her room but I'm confused, I tried getting her the bigger room and she keeps thinking she wants the smaller one... crazy girl! She has at least 4 times as many toys as Landon (he's happy with a basketball and a few books), you would think she would want the big space, we'll see how that goes!

I'm scrapping a little tonight, it's been a LONG time since I've been able to. I start and end up deleting it all I get so frustrated, but I finally have a page done tonight that I like, but can't show it off until Friday, so if you interested at all... stay tuned!

No game tomorow night, that's three in a row for us... it's a record! Bailey was supposed to have a game on Tuesday, but that was cancelled b/c of rain, not sure when the make up will be for that but for now I"m going to enjoy free nights! I just wish Matt was home to enjoy them too!

Oh yeah.. and I was tagged, I was "forgetting" about this, but was just reminded from doing a little blog hopping...
5 random things about me (you may know them, but oh well...)
1. I'm a very hot person, love to sleep in the freezing cold, love the windows open in JANUARY!
2. I am not an early bird or a night owl, I need to go to bed early but love to sleep in too!
3. I hate (read: am petrified of) lakes, especially jumping in when I can't see the bottom.
4. I feel like I just did this...did I?
5. I tend to get obsessed with things for a short amount of time and then move on to something else, there have been a few obsessions that have lasted though!
So... I tag YOU! Yup... YOU! I feel like everyone has already done this that I've seen, so if you do it leave me a link please!

3 comments:

Mary said...

I didn't realize today was C last day. I'm going to miss him too. Such a sweet little guy. I tried calling you tonight after my walk, but you didn't pick up so I guess you got it figured out for the kids. The house sounds like its coming along. Bailey MUST take the big room. She will regret it later. :) It sounds like you are keeping your kids very busy, if D can ever fit in your plans I would love if you give him a call--HE ALREADY DOESN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH HIMSELF....I FEEL SO BAD

S Huiz said...

It may be HOT HOT HOT, but we'll be cooling off in the pool!!!!!! It is so nice that it worked out so well for you and Shannon- she was so appreciative that you love her little boy so much! He is a cutie! E can borrow Seeeeee anytime he wants someone to beat up on or fight with. :-) He just has to pretend it's a sister instead of a brother.

Why have you been forbidden to post pictures of the house?

The only tag I didn't know was the lake one. One of your irrational fears????

Amanda said...

Enjoy your summer "off" from babysitting - does that mean you are not doing it next year though? I would just make Bailey take the big room - girls need SPACE!