June 2, 2008

Game time...

This morning required a LOT of running around, but it was good! Landon had basketball camp at 9, then we had to go to his school and pick up all of his stuff that he forgot to take home with him, including his report card. Took D to his school to pick up his things and check out who his teacher is, then Bailey had to go to Tennis camp. Which only lasts for half an hour so it's hard to leave her there when I have to get right back, so anyway, we stuck around for that and then she ahd a freind come over. Landon was lucky enough to go swimming with Cobe and the boys took good naps while the girls played in the sprinkler. AFter nap time Elliot and Carson played in Elliot's new splash pool, the boys had quite a good time splashing around!

Then we had Landon's game. He did great, he really shines at shortstop, which he played for 4 innings with no injuries or incidents. Then he played center the last two innings. He went to catch a ball but it hit his glove and then his face and then the ground... I didn't see it hit his face, but his coach was asking him if he was ok so I knew something happened. His face was getting quite red so I knew he was crying, but I was proud of him for sticking it out out there. Once he came in we saw that it had hit his face twice, but he was tough about it! He won again, 8-5 I think was the final score. It was a good game! Two more and then tournaments start!

Camps again tomorow, but nothing in the evening, which is a HUGE bonus!

4 comments:

S Huiz said...

Ouch! You didn't tell me he got hurt. I just saw the weather and it looks like our game may be rained out tomorrow night- 90% chance of rain. Fortunate you got yours in tonight. Congrats on the win! Your PB&J survey results cracked me up- FAR from the truth. I have to say I took it and mine were pretty accurate.

Missy said...

I'm tired just reading about your day! Especially since I have next week clear but the 2 weeks following that look just like your day today. Good luck with the rest of the week running around. Hope Landon is feeling ok. Isn't it amazing how tough kids can be when it's important to them. Hopefully we'll see you at the Huizenga pool days soon!

Amanda said...

Ouch is right - that had to kill. Sounds like your summer is busy busy!!! How is the house coming - any pics yet?!

Anonymous said...

Busy!