October 23, 2008

Doors...

I know this is dumb, but do you ever just want to go lock yourself in your room so you can get some things done that need to be done (or an office, or other choice room)? Most of you probably have that option. I so badly need to lock myself and my computer in my room to get caught up on some things. I have a bunch of photo sessions to edit and am sooo far behind (really it's not that bad, I just put a lot of pressure on myself to be timely). And Matt would not have a problem with me disappearing for an evening normally, but WE DON'T HAVE A DOOR TO LOCK! It's still bothering me, and I will never take doors for granted again.

Our "new", third time should be a charm, doors came in on Tuesday. Matt wouldn't even let them unload them until he measured them. Good thing too, because they were off AGAIN! These were supposed to be upgraded doors, that they cut on a different jig or something, with less chance of flaws (or something more technical I'm sure, I just don't know the words). This time thier percentage of doors that were off increased to 90% (if your keeping track it was 60% the first time, 100% if you consider that they weren't the style door we ordered, we were just willing to work with it, and 70% the second time). Some were only off by 1/16th of an inch, which supposedly manufacturer standards are 1/8-1/16 off, so we accepted those and between the 2nd order and the third we now have 10 doors, but they aren't perfect. Matt said that there was NO WAY we were keeping the ones that were 1/8 off. He used some strong words and a very loud voice I hear, which if you know my husband even a little bit you know that that is extremely rare for him. I've probably only heard him yell once or twice in 12 years. He said he was screaming. I would love to tell you the name of the place where we got them, b/c there is no way I would ever recommend buying anything from them. Technically they don't manufacture the doors, but they continuously have delivered wrong doors, wouldn't you think they would measure them before delivering????? Especially the third time????? Anyway, the name of the place is I think (I'm not 100% sure, so this could be a terrible thing) Quality Door (in the same building as Williams Kitchen & Bath). They are located on Blue Star Highway, which I do know for sure.

This week has been VERY busy. My calendar always looks empty, but then each day fills up SOOOO fast! Tomorow I babysit in the morning, then I'm pretty sure it's naptime in the afternoon! Bailey has a friends spending the night, Landon and Matt have a late nighter at church so it will be a bit quiet. We'll probably rent a movie or something! Saturday I have a photo session in the late morning (depending on weather) and then the rest of the day is OPEN! I'm sure Matt will work on doors (sanding, painting and staining, do you get why I titled this post "Doors" yet????). Maybe Saturday I can lock myself up somewhere like the bathtub behind the shower curtain and the curtain we use for a door or something and get some stuff done... fat chance of that though! Oh well, it will all come in time!

3 comments:

Brink Boys said...

I seriuosly cannot beleive this, I will have to tell Kevin...I think his company uses them...

Anonymous said...

Ugh! that is so frustrating to say the least. it sounds like you guys have been very patient & maybe that company needed to finally hear some strong words. I hope you get some time this weekend. and I hope you are feeling well. best of luck with the doors.

S Huiz said...

It's not dumb!Hope you are locking yourself behind some kind of door soon! ;-)