May 18, 2008

To much wind?

We (I) wanted to head up to the Grand Haven Kite festival this weekend, but with all the work going on at the house Saturday was a bad day, so we tried to go this afternoon, but it must have been to windy or to cold, or both! The sand was blowing like CRAZY, there were only a few kites on the beach. I was really bummed, it was so cool last year, but I guess I will have to wait until next year! So instead we headed to Hemlock Crossings to walk around... the sun was directly overhead and very strong so there are some BAD shadows, but here are a few pics of the day!

7 comments:

S Huiz said...

Too bad the wind/kites weren't cooperating. HATE blowing sand worse than anything! Great picture of you and the kids. How far did Matt get with the house?

Nina_VK said...

ugh, we were going to go to the kite festival too but it was so windy and cold, that we just didn't bother. You got some cute pics though!!! :)

sarahbrummel said...

Thats a very cute picture of you with the kids...its good to see you in a picture every now and then:)

Missy said...

I wish I had your talent. Great pics.

Beck said...

Yes, it *is* good to see you in a picture here and there :) I love Hemlock Crossings park... one of our favorites. One of these days I'll motivate and get me kids out of the house for something other than errands.

Brink Boys said...

Looks like you guys had a fun day, cute pix!

Anonymous said...

kites sound cool... too bad the weather didn't cooperate. Sounds like you got a lot of work done on the house. Awesome! I like your pics despite the strong sun. :) Can't wait for this nice warm weekend. Enjoy!