May 2, 2008

The Tree

I have a love hate relationship with storms. While I love the noise and the "coziness" of them they put a fear in me. I'm petrified that the big tree next to our house (when I say big, I mean B-I-G) is going to get struck by lightning and fall on our house, smashing us all. Irrational you say... well, I know that. I'm the queen of irrational fears. It's so bad that when I know a storm is coming I normally make the whole family sleep on the main level of the house (the basement is NOT an option, otherwise we would be down there), this always happens much to Matt's dismay, but he loves me and humors me. The kids are gone tonight (thanks Mary & Susie) so I'm a little less fearful, but not really. Because you see, if the tree falls tonight (and I'm always conviced that it will) my children will be orphans, and just the thought makes my heart hurt! So, I'm praying that we will be safe and the tree will continue to stand!

I also got some beautiful magazines in the mail today! Lot's of good ideas in there! Lots and Lots and LOTS! WOW! I can't stop paging through them, I've folded a TON of pages and thing I finally found my "style". Finding my decorating style has been very difficult for me, I like modern, contemporary and traditional, and a few other things from a few other styles. I've decided to name my new style "Pottery Barn". YUP, right from the catalog (which happens to be the three catalogs I got in the mail today, PB Baby/Kids, PB Teen and PB, thanks for the tip Kate and Carol)! We went to the PB store today (I like the catalog better though) and we checked out UBU, where we found a lot of stuff we loved, I was suprised by the prices, they weren't as bad as I anticipated! We also checked out Art Van (which we thought would be more in our price range), but found NOTHING that we liked there. We have a while til we have to find furniture though, so that's ok. Were still on the search for a different house too, one that won't take so much work. We've run into a few speed bumps with this one. Speed Bumps that will take a little more money than we anticipated. There are still things about the house that we don't think we could find with other houses either, so it's still a definate possibility and the purchasing process continues, just checking the options!

Ok, off to watch the radar!

2 comments:

S Huiz said...

Wow- not only did you get to go out to dinner, but you get a whole free night????? You didn't let me know that! So you decide to spend your free time worrying about a tree falling on you? Hmmmm.... go to bed! :-)

Missy said...

I am so glad that I am not the only one with this type of irrational fear! I feel your pain!