September 1, 2009

HOT

And if you live around here you know I'm not talking about the weather. but what could I be talking about then you ask... let me tell you. And no, I'm not complaining, I'm just sayin'... The HOT FLASHES ARE OUT OF CONTROL! I sit here typing and sweating. Yup, sweating. Probably just a bit more than a glisten, not dripping or anything, but good grief! I've loved the 45 degree nights b/c it makes sleeping so much better. For me at least.

I just started reading Crazy Love and there is a section about rejoicing in EVERYTHING. I'm trying, really I am. What about Hot flashes could make me rejoice? I'm failing in that one spot.

Lila is screaming in the backseat of the car on the highway... I'm rejoicing that my daughter has healthy enough lungs to scream.
My sugar keeps going low... I'm rejoicing that technology allows me to know what my sugar is.
I'm completely exausted from my sugar going low... I'm rejoicing that I have a bed to sleep in at night.

I'm making it a game, hoping it will come naturally at some point to rejoice instead of complain. In the meantime if you see me and I'm sweating and your freezing, just know... IT'S THE HOTFLASHES. And hand me a fan! Or an ice cube. Or both.

Update: Doesn't sweating make you loose weight? This is me rejoicing, maybe the sweating from the hotflashes will make me loose weight! Maybe. I'll hold onto the hope.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Of course sweating makes you lose weight silly girl! SWEAT AWAY! Just don't drip any into all of that food you are obviously giving me since you're trying to lose weight! :) Rejoice in the fact that you have a great friend that you can feed whenever you want! Rejoice in the fact that you have a great friend who is honest,direct and to the point! Rejoice in the fact that you don't have to price all your kids' old clothes and sweat while doing it! Rejoice in the fact that I will go shopping with you and help you get rid of any excess money you may have! Rejoice in the fact that you have a friend who doesn't get mad when you delete pictures on my camera that I REALLY, REALLY wanted! Rejoice in the fact that I just kept you busy and away from menial chores while you read this!Want me to keep goin? :)

Sarah said...

And PS- Rejoice in the fact that you have an excellent editor who found multiple spelling mistakes in this post- see me before publishing in the future please. You have a rep to protect!

Beck said...

It's funny... it was a specific instance like this that made me look at everything as a potential praise, and YES... it WILL become habit after a while! It can be really life-altering. :)